Anyone use any vBulletin/forum iPhone Apps to view NSC?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Would like to get one but had a look and they all seem to say that allthough most message boards are supported, certain forums are incompatible. Something to do with if the admin has modified the installation or something. Anyhow, anyone managed to find one that works on our beloved NSC? Cheers!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
NSC works just fine on my htc desire, as I am proving right now! No need for an app just the inbuilt browser

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Works fine on my iPhone too (I'm also using it now), but would be better with an specially designed app that makes it less of a pain zooming in and out on the tiny links, page numbers etc. Kind of like how ebay works fine, but using the ebay app is just better.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have used my iPhone to view NSC but agree with dingo - its usable but not ideal. Someone must have created an app to view a vbulletin board as there are so many around, someone must be able to adapt it to make it NSC specific, shirley?!?!

Come you techy boffin types, get working!!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I have installed a program called tapatalk on a phpbb forum I run and it was as simple as uploading a new folder to the server and telling Tapatalk to go look for it. I would imagine that the vbulletin version would not be much different and its much easier to view

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep - Tapatalk looks to be the best one that I've seen and I'll be installing it some time soon.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Yep - Tapatalk looks to be the best one that I've seen and I'll be installing it some time soon.

Eta? How long would something like this take to install from your perspective?

Ps. Keep up the good work, viewing via a iPhone is not too bad!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I get that installing tapatalk may take a while, Bozza. In the meantime, any chance of disabling links to users' profiles from the thread list page, to make NSC easier to use on a phone?

When on my iPhone, I often find myself clicking on a link to a poster's profile when I just want to read a thread... bet others do that too.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I get that installing tapatalk may take a while, Bozza. In the meantime, any chance of disabling links to users' profiles from the thread list page, to make NSC easier to use on a phone?

When on my iPhone, I often find myself clicking on a link to a poster's profile when I just want to read a thread... bet others do that too.

its like your watching me, have this problem too.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006

You need to click on the small two white arrows button (like a fast forward symbol) by the side of the username

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You need to click on the small two white arrows button (like a fast forward symbol) by the side of the username

Yep. And when I try to click on the tiny arrows, sometimes I click the username of the last poster by mistake.

Instead, for example, in the Last Post column, I think it would be better if clicking any of
"ngood77
Today 18:31 >>" took me to the last post of the thread.

Please make it happen, Bozza!

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Yep. And when I try to click on the tiny arrows, sometimes I click the username of the last poster by mistake.

Instead, for example, in the Last Post column, I think it would be better if clicking any of
"ngood77
Today 18:31 >>" took me to the last post of the thread.

Please make it happen, Bozza!

it really is like your stalking me, this is exactually what i do, please bozza!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports