Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone use a chiropractor?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I've been using The Manos clinic for about 18 years now. They have branches in both Hove (Palmera Square) & Worthing (Warwick Gardens).

I've probably paid for a few holidays for my chiropractor over the years but imo, its been money well spent. Every time I've had back issue's, they've managed to fix the problem.

Obviously Chiropractic treatment may not be the answer for certain serious vertebrae issue's & I don't doubt there's some cowboys out there. They usually get found out pretty soon though.

As for the one's I use, I can't recommend them highly enough. A standard visit costs about £34 a pop, but if you're in HSA you can claim 50% back off them.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A CAUTIONARY TALE

Whatever you do, if you've got a recurring back problem get an X Ray or an MRI scan done before you have any treatment. I had on/off back problems for the last 10 years - went to physios, chiropracters, osteopaths, every type of massage known to man et al but at best only got temporary relief. About 6 months ago it really started to deteriorate, I couldn't straighten up without pain, so I went to my GP and had an MRI. I had a 95% herniated disc (ie one of my discs was cutting off my spinal canal virtually closing it) and was in danger of loosing the use of my legs if I didn't have an op pronto. I've had the op ( a partial laminectomy) and everything seems to be ok BUT - GET THOSE PICTURES TAKEN FIRST!!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A CAUTIONARY TALE

Whatever you do, if you've got a recurring back problem get an X Ray or an MRI scan done before you have any treatment. I had on/off back problems for the last 10 years - went to physios, chiropracters, osteopaths, every type of massage known to man et al but at best only got temporary relief. About 6 months ago it really started to deteriorate, I couldn't straighten up without pain, so I went to my GP and had an MRI. I had a 95% herniated disc (ie one of my discs was cutting off my spinal canal virtually closing it) and was in danger of loosing the use of my legs if I didn't have an op pronto. I've had the op ( a partial laminectomy) and everything seems to be ok BUT - GET THOSE PICTURES TAKEN FIRST!!!

Which arm of the medical profession are you qualified in?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
maybe it was the GP who arranged the MRI. Or the doctor who did the MRI, or the surgeon, rather than him

he advised to get x rays done first. I assume he must be medically qualified

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
he advised to get x rays done first. I assume he must be medically qualified

No. I'm not medically qualified but it kinda makes sense doesn't it? Seeing a Chiropractitioner or an Osteopath or having massages can make an existing condition worse if they don't know what they're treating. And my GP organised the MRI scan.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mine is great. Go every two months and it prevents me getting any major problems.

He is Danish. Jan at Park View Clinic in Worthing.

Nice man, good at what he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here