Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone tried Pilates?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
A good teacher makes all the difference, we have a great ladsy in BN43, even does a class just for blokes with bad backs! She's a trained physiothrerapist and very good at spotting poor stance, tense shoulders and all the wobbly bits we slide into . . .then straightening you out.

After an hour session you really do feel like a new person, and taller!.
Please can you PM the ladies details in BN43?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Your “single incident“ may rather have been the “final straw”, as my physio described it!
But prior to this I had absolutely no back issues and had been playing league cricket for 25 years with plenty of swooping in the covers! :)

Anyone on here care to recommend any Pilates in the Eastbourne area?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A good teacher makes all the difference, we have a great ladsy in BN43, even does a class just for blokes with bad backs! She's a trained physiothrerapist and very good at spotting poor stance, tense shoulders and all the wobbly bits we slide into . . .then straightening you out.

After an hour session you really do feel like a new person, and taller!.
Any chance you could let us have these details to a fellow bn43 person

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I got a back injury at 23 years old and the consultant said I would never run again, let alone play cricket or hockey again (I was decent at both). I accepted it for a few years but then discovered Pilates. In my 30s I did half marathons and completed an Olympic length triathlon. I have also been able to play golf and now single figures. I still coach hockey and have played the odd game now and then because my son now plays men’s so was nice to play with him.

I put all of this at the door of Pilates. I have a strong core and I suspect without Pilates I would be a very overweight immobile blob.

Basically - if you have a bad back you must try it. Not instant impact and it is hard at first but it is worth it.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My wife has done Pilates for years. About 5 or 6 years ago I was feeling particularly inflexible (I’m 70now.) and she discovered the husband of one of her other customers wanted to start as well, so we did a 2:1. I didn’t know him, but it went well. Ended up going with Mrs DiS for 2:1 and it worked well. Started with mat Pilates and moved on to reformer (machines).
teacher moved a couple of years ago….. to about 10 miles from John O’Groats and we really miss it. Need to find another teacher. So yes, it does make a difference.
s
My wife has done Pilates for years. About 5 or 6 years ago I was feeling particularly inflexible (I’m 70now.) and she discovered the husband of one of her other customers wanted to start as well, so we did a 2:1. I didn’t know him, but it went well. Ended up going with Mrs DiS for 2:1 and it worked well. Started with mat Pilates and moved on to reformer (machines).
teacher moved a couple of years ago….. to about 10 miles from John O’Groats and we really miss it. Need to find another teacher. So yes, it does make a difference.
That’s incredibly supple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here