Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone think we are REALLY missing Wayne bridge?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yes it would have been nice to keep Bridge. But Ward offers great value for money. Obviously not as good as Wyane, but good enough IMO. Our lack of attacking options is where I'm worried, looking significantly worse than last season.

you seem to forget that bridge was one of our most attacking players last year. its not just midfielders and strikers that are attacking options......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmm, are we missing Wayne Bridge.

Are we missing a man who was, for a considerable period of time, second best left back in the country.
One of the top 5 left backs in Europe.
One of the top ten left backs in world football.
A man Man City were prepared to pay £110,000 a week.
A man who was playing second division football while still reasonably close to his prime.

Lets have a think about that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry but am I missing something? It doesn't matter how often he could surge down the left wing there is still no fit striker other than Barnes to cross to!!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Sorry but am I missing something? It doesn't matter how often he could surge down the left wing there is still no fit striker other than Barnes to cross to!!!

Exactly, plus I don't believe that we lost the 9 games he didn't play when he was injured.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you seem to forget that bridge was one of our most attacking players last year. its not just midfielders and strikers that are attacking options......

Which was actually more the point I was making

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Looking at the games we have played this season, it seems to me that we are missing his attacking as well as providing a barrier in defence.

Last season, he was one of the most creative of players and a lot of the goals we scored came from his efforts.

It would be interesting to find out what City wanted as a fee and what sort of wages he would have settled for as I assume reading is the model we are aiming at replicating, ie new ground, wealthy owner etc..of course it may be that they bought him with the parachute payment they received. He certainly looked happy here and maybe the uncertainty over the manager situation worked against us.

I know for a fact that Wayne Bridge is on £25k per week at Reading, signing on fee was large too. For me he is one of the best players ive seen playing for us & although Ward has been ok Bridge would have made a big difference this season

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know this might sound too simplistic, but what if we hadn't signed so many central midfielders, surely we could have afford him that way?

Given the current injury list it's probably a good job we did sign the central midfielders else we'd be in a bit of a mess now like we have been up front.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know for a fact that Wayne Bridge is on £25k per week at Reading, signing on fee was large too. For me he is one of the best players ive seen playing for us & although Ward has been ok Bridge would have made a big difference this season

That's the kind of money Bloom has to be spending if he wants to be a Premier League chairman. Us, we don't really give too much of a shit, its our leisure activity, we'll just turn up whether we're in the Premier League or the Ryman League. its just a couple ofv hours out of our lives where we don't do something else. If it means any more to you than that then you're frankly lacking in other aspects of your life. Met many damn fine people through football for sure, and - at least for me - its been far more about the people than the football. The players, directors, chairmen, they're all in the end just passing through. It's OUR club.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's the kind of money Bloom has to be spending if he wants to be a Premier League chairman. Us, we don't really give too much of a shit, its our leisure activity, we'll just turn up whether we're in the Premier League or the Ryman League. its just a couple ofv hours out of our lives where we don't do something else. If it means any more to you than that then you're frankly lacking in other aspects of your life. Met many damn fine people through football for sure, and - at least for me - its been far more about the people than the football. The players, directors, chairmen, they're all in the end just passing through. It's OUR club.

With FFP, what you mean is, "I am prepared for the price increases that will have to follow if my club is going to pay those sort of wages."

Many others on here probably don't feel the same....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The straight answer to the question is NO: Ward is probably the best player so far this season or at least most consistent. What we are missing is the goals CMS scored last season before his injury.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The straight answer to the question is NO: Ward is probably the best player so far this season or at least most consistent. What we are missing is the goals CMS scored last season before his injury.

I agree ward has been very good. Just a thought wasn't he originally purchased by mick McCarthy as a striker? When I saw him at Yeovil I didn't realize how big he is. I sit in wsu ! I would stick masimenko in at lb and give ward a go up top can't be any worse than our current attacking options?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here