Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone think this was a good result tonight?

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
As incredible as this may sound I'm glad we lost, now we can focus on a promising league campaign could also benefit from having them couple of days rest compared to some other teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not a good performance - but I think a huge amount of people are looking into it WAY too much. A win on Saturday and this will be completely forgotten.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I think that it would have been more important to start the season with a win personally, but like gus said it might be a blessing in the long run.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Would have been very disappointed had it been the FA Cup but don't really care about the League Cup.
Of course it's disappointing to see us lose but much rather keep players fit then cram in loads of Sat/Tues games.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
As incredible as this may sound I'm glad we lost, now we can focus on a promising league campaign could also benefit from having them couple of days rest compared to some other teams.

I am inclined to agree. The nature of the defeat was a tad worrying though.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
I am inclined to agree. The nature of the defeat was a tad worrying though.

I agree was slightly worrying to see not enough strength in depth but once we have crofts back in, and dump Harley off at the first service station on the way back, cms upfront with this new partner and Buckley fit again on the flank, as long as everyone stays fit I think we look good but one or two of the right signings and were be good to go.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'll probably be of benefit in the long run, pretty poor performance though tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Take your point, but I don't think a defeat like that is ever a good 'result'. In a sense tho, that is certainly going to be one of the worst performances of the season so good to get it out of the way in a cup competition not many people care about. Put it this way, I'd rather lose 3-0 to Swindon in the league cup than lose 3-0 at Hull on Saturday.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Swindon beat our best available front side, lets hope it was a bad at the office! f***ing hope its better on Saturday!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The best team we could put out were beaten 3-0 by Swindon from the league below.

Lets just hope that this result is the catalyst for a good season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope it was a terrible result.

Our undoing imo was our inability to score when we were bossing the game throughout the 1st half. If ever proof was needed that we desperately need a big skillful aggressive forward last night was it. CMS is not going to be enough. I hope to f*** that we have someone who has done it at this level and is capable of causing panic in the box not far off signing. Most important signing of the year imo.

We really missed Crofts and Buckley/Lua Lua. Noone was disappointing and we had no one to replace him.

Good luck to Swindon but there was an element of luck in all their goals. If their keeper hadn't made a great save from Vicente we might have turned it around.

Vicente as a forward is a complete waste, we need him to be weaving midfield magic and releasing our strikers with quality balls. Bit of desperation by Gus putting him upfront. Toby doesn't look up to it just yet either imo.

I'm not quite looking forward to Hull as much as I was :rolleyes:

There was NOTHING good about last night apart from Bridge getting 90 mins

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I don't like the result but as in the way the game went, I'm quite happy.
The players that played shit, Harley, Dicker, Dunk are all players I don't think should be getting a first team place. Buckley and KLL are better than Noone. Apart from them everyone else played well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm kind of glad we lost but clearly we put a team out to win. There's nowhere to hide this morning, certainly not behind "it was only the Milk Cup and look what it did for us last season"

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As long as no injuries were suffered I'm happy with being out, expected us to lose, probably not by as much as 3-0 though.

It has also served to emphasise again how some players aren't up to the job and how badly we need that extra striker. Also brings the fan's expectations back down a bit after the win over Chelsea when we were classed as 'world beaters'.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Shocking performance, well glad we all made the effort to go there and support our effortless team. Never even turned up and fair play to Swindon for wanting to show people on Sky what they are made of. Looking forward to the long drive up to Hull....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here