Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone still waiting for their tax return?

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I filed my tax return in May and I've been waiting for about £600 since then. Anyone else in the same position or anyone know when I am likely to receive it? I need the money now.

What does my sack is the fact that if I owed the inland revenue money, they would be charging a rate of interest on top. However this is not the case when I am owed by them. Also they must be earning interest on MY hard earned graft when it should be sat in my bank account!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you filed online you should have received the refund within a week or so, filing by post will take much much much much longer. I would suggest you ring them.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
If you filed online you should have received the refund within a week or so, filing by post will take much much much much longer. I would suggest you ring them.

I did it by post :(
Ill give them a call but no doubt will be put on hold and then redirected to various departments across the land and get nowhere :angry:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I didnt fill on in, and about 4 weeks ago, someone from Inland Revenue rung me up, and told me I had been paying way too much tax for 7 months, and a cheque would be on its way within 7 weeks.

2 more weeks for me to wait :)

they treated you pretty well!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I did it by post :(
Ill give them a call but no doubt will be put on hold and then redirected to various departments across the land and get nowhere :angry:

Shouldnt do, as long as you have you UTR or NI number if not then once you get through they should be able to sort you out. The problem may be getting through, best to try at 5pm or just before 9am.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I didnt fill on in, and about 4 weeks ago, someone from Inland Revenue rung me up, and told me I had been paying way too much tax for 7 months, and a cheque would be on its way within 7 weeks.

2 more weeks for me to wait :)

I want money back! How do I get this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ringing at 1700 is a good idea as there will be lower call volumes into the call centres as most people will try to get through during office hours and will be going home if they finish at 5. In the morning the call centre operators have to be logged in before their start time in order to promptly take the first call of the day.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
does anyone even know the right number to ring as I've tried a few but so far only got through to the centre for pensions and one about those employed in the construction trades ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Your tax office will have its own contact number , this should be shown on payslips from your latest/ex employer. It will be an 0845 number.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
They do not take calls at local offices anymore, unless it's a colection matter. All the Inspectors are now 0845 call centres and phonelines are open from 8.00am to 8.00pm

Returns from Sussex now get worked in Scotland 9even though a source tells me Sussex workers, having had their work removed from them, now do work for various midland towns).

sadly, after so much time, there's a fair chance your return has been 'mislaid', but the call centre staff should be able to tell straight away if it was received or not. Best be prepared to do it again and, if it's the 07/08 return, i'd suggest you do it online as will be processed straight away.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
im waiting on anything between 10 to 16 grand depending on weather i get the year before tax back aswell. my tax return was filed in may aswell. about 6 weeks ago they told me it wouldnt be long as it had nearly been sorted. then 2 weeks ago they asked me once again the dates which i was out of the country!!! need it to pay bills etc so its all spoken for as soon as i get it aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here