Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone still not have central heating?

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
No central heating in my flat, too small to need it. No icicles on inside of windows either, electric room heater in bedroom and gas fire in living room and the free heat coming up from downstairs flat is generally enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't seem that long ago when you had to walk all the way over to the telly and press a button to turn it over from ITV to BBC.
Who'd put it on ITV? Mother in-law no doubt.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I've got central hearing, and boy don't I know it every quarter!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
And Central Heating is what....? We used to light a candle ,the family sat round it and took turns to put your hands round it!...seriously tho the coalman used to deliver the coal from his horse and cart,walk up the path to the back garden and pour it into the bunker and everytime the fire needed topping up the youngest...me ,had to go and shovel some into a bucket and drag it indoors.Very few families had TV,we listened to the radio....Dick Barton Special Agent,Paul Temple,Emundo Ross,we played cards or monopoly...sure my Dad cheated,he won nearly every game.......:)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
And Central Heating is what....? We used to light a candle ,the family sat round it and took turns to put your hands round it!...seriously tho the coalman used to deliver the coal from his horse and cart,walk up the path to the back garden and pour it into the bunker and everytime the fire needed topping up the youngest...me ,had to go and shovel some into a bucket and drag it indoors.Very few families had TV,we listened to the radio....Dick Barton Special Agent,Paul Temple,Emundo Ross,we played cards or monopoly...sure my Dad cheated,he won nearly every game.......:)

Saved me typing all that.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
No central heating in my flat, too small to need it. No icicles on inside of windows either, electric room heater in bedroom and gas fire in living room and the free heat coming up from downstairs flat is generally enough.

Same for me, can been toasty when they got it on :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The more mature posters probably grew up without the luxury of central heating, REMEMBER ice on the inside of your windows! :ohmy:
What else do the young whipper snappers have that we never thought we needed???

Do you also remember with affection the smell of the parrafin heater and the rubber hot water bottle at night,we were poor but great childhood memories , had to make the fire before breakfast as it was only heat available in the house, and the only carpet was in the sitting room.Bath once a week whether we needed it or not. Sunday night was bath night shared bath water,as the eldest i had 1st bath brother then sister followed.In todays PC society my mum and dad would be locked up, how spoilt our kids are.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Lino everywhere, except up the stairs and a square of carpet in the front room. The front room or sitting room as it was called in West Blatchington had a concrete floor, so the three foot strip round the edge of the carpet square was painted dark brown.
The competition to get within three foot of the open coal fire was intense, as was the battle to keep the dog out of the front row.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you also remember with affection the smell of the parrafin heater and the rubber hot water bottle at night,we were poor but great childhood memories , had to make the fire before breakfast as it was only heat available in the house, and the only carpet was in the sitting room.Bath once a week whether we needed it or not. Sunday night was bath night shared bath water,as the eldest i had 1st bath brother then sister followed.In todays PC society my mum and dad would be locked up, how spoilt our kids are.

i do..and nylon sheets and ruff blankets :(

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wincyette shirley.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Paraffin heaters, single glazed draughty windows, not to forget the flowery wallpaper and orange three piece, and blankets on the bed... no quilts. Those were the days!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
REMEMBER ice on the inside of your windows!
I had ice on the back of my letter box a few weeks back, after being away for a couple of weeks

Yep, no heating is up there with shiny toilet paper that you have to scrunch up before you use it, and having to put the washing through a mangle to get all the water out, after it comes out of the washing machine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here