Anyone sit near constant moaners ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
For what it's worth, I didn't moan, but I agree we were terrible. Worst I have seen in a long while ( and yes I am a STH and have been for years )

Really??

We started well, finished the game well until the sending off when we seemed to sit back but even so, we were constantly probing. There were lots of crosses, ok they were not always accurate but the players tried and kept going. There was also a great demonstration of how to play as a striker by Dave2 whose movement, runs and passes were of the highest order.

Do you expect us to turn teams over easily every game?! Donny were unbeaten in 4 and we haven't even scored in the previous 3 games.

I'm not saying it was fantastic but all this doom and gloom about us on here is outrageous!!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Old boy directly behind me. He seems to enjoy it more if we haven't played well.

It does make me smile somewhat when people have posted on here that they don't like the way the cub have become more corporate but then when it comes to moaning will readily trot out the line "I have paid my money and therefore I have a right to moan...."

I am confused are you a customer or supporter??

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Old boy directly behind me. He seems to enjoy it more if we haven't played well.

It does make me smile somewhat when people have posted on here that they don't like the way the cub have become more corporate but then when it comes to moaning will readily trot out the line "I have paid my money and therefore I have a right to moan...."

I am confused are you a customer or supporter??

THIS

Spot on!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
'Nice to see you ingratiating yourself to our gobby Worzel chum there, Mr N. :thumbsup: :lolol:

I assume by gobby you mean capable of independent thought?.....Nice to see you ingratiating yourself to whoever will have you.......you should try some independent thought yourself sometime.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I think I am lucky where I sit, WSU F. Don't hear much moaning, the odd mumble but nothing bad and not directed at any particular player. Must be very lucky. When I watch today I just saw players trying their best, yes they may not be perfect and not everything goes for them, but they try and if they did do everything perfectly they would not be playing in the championship. I am bloody proud of our players and its great to see the youngsters like Ince and March doing so well. All I expect of a player who puts on the shirt is to do their best. The only player I have not liked since we moved to the Amex was Ryan Harley, lazy, arrogant tw@t, but I never moaned about it while he was here.

Exactly the same ozz, never any negative shite where I sit in north east corner, the first season and a half there was guy who couldn't understand why we didn't score after every attack, why Barnes wasn't as good as van nistelroy, appalling defending was the cause of each goal conceded, he would also pick out an opposing player at every game who he considered to be heead and shoulders above everyone we had. Disappeared completely toward the end of last season, probably to sit with people more appreciative of his in depth analysis.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Bloody hell, do you lot go to football hoping to be offended, so you can complain on here?
Sometimes, you will find rough types at the game who have had a couple of beers and may want to let off a bit of steam.
Why not go and enjoy the game and not worry what other people are doing or saying?
If you can't do that, I'm sure there is a flower arranging class that you could attend on a Saturday.

3uqyva2a.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why not go and enjoy the game and not worry what other people are doing or saying?

It's not about being offended, it's about wanting to enjoy a game of football, which is harder to do when there is a stream of moans in your ear. If these people want to let off a little steam why don't they join a gym or some new age primal scream class?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's not about being offended, it's about wanting to enjoy a game of football, which is harder to do when there is a stream of moans in your ear. If these people want to let off a little steam why don't they join a gym or some new age primal scream class?

I agree - I also find it spoils the enjoyment when you are stood next to someone at an away game who is constantly shouting a string of obscenities at the opposition players and officials - neither that nor moaning about our players is supporting the team :(

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah, next to my old man every game. He does love a good moan, and Greer does give him the ammo in fairness.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Totally agree. I attend matches with my young son and dad - It is a scenario I could only have dreamed about during our dark days. The endless moaning just takes the shine off it at times. The level of skill that some of our players have is far superior to anything I have seen in the 35 years of watching the Albion. It is a game that involves two teams - this is a very competitive division not sure what some people expect ? Not saying everything is perfect with the team but we are now an established team in this division....happy days surely?!!?!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm far from a constant moaner but I've gone mental a few times in anger at the team. Stoke at home under McGhee, last game of the season springs to mind. Also losing 0-2 to Walsall, who played most of the match with 9 men and we didn't have a shot on target, also the 7-1 hammering at Huddersfield.

As for constant moaning? Leave it to the drunken yobs in the North stand and the miserable elderly contingent in the South stand.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To the gentlemen in the Family Stand who booed loudly at the introduction of Lopez, I trust you are proud of yourself. I guess being surrounded by primary school children, you just wanted them to think that they were at a panto. Cracking example ...and was it one of your little darlings who was encouraging the Albion players to injure the opposition?

Yes, horrible kids, no surprise really.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Twats and moaners are a curse. First **** at the Amex yesterday. Used to loads more at Withdean though. Attention seeker type.

Worse than moaners. Can drown moaners out by applause.

Another game when Lopez put over a cross into space instead of to the double-marked Ulloa, I heard a groan, but the idea was that Forster-Caskey ran into the space created by Ulloa taking the two defenders with him. If it came off it would have been a good move.

The only Albion player I have ever moaned at was Kitson at Withdean. I was too shell shocked to moan at Tiltman at the Goldstone.

Ashley Barnes was really trying my patience by the end and Macca falling over got me irritated as well as osme of his misses.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Had the privilege to sit next to a really niece couple in Cell block H at the withers, for a number of years. With the move to the Amex, they booked tickets in WSU and booked in WSL.

As each season passes, and we arrive at our seats in WSL for the start of a new season, we live in hope that the real twonk who sits near us has decided that he no longer wants to be a season ticket holder or has decided to move seats to somewhere far away for the coming season or better still has changed his alliance to Crawley.

Every time there is/was a missed goal opportunity, misplaced pass etc. its always down to Ashley Barnes even if he was not playing, screams of “oh no he’s done it again”, for the whole match. Boy does he love the sound of his own voice.

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
well it was not a great game and for once i did start moaning,but a win is a win and lets hope now ulloa has scored he will be full of confidence for the leeds game,so lets hope all the moaning stops and the singing starts up and the team feed off it and beat the leeds well on tuesday which will put us near the play-offs again

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Isn't there a simple solution?
We already have a designated area for youngsters [family area].
Next we are planning a designated area for singers.

So why not designate a whole stand to those who want to moan? [or are the numbers greater than that?]
Put all the moaners in together and let the rest of the ground be a moan-free area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports