Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone renewed their Road Tax this month?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Nothing new there. If you didn't transfer the tax before it was done this way. Most commonly when buying second hand from a dealer, they always reclaimed the tax and you bought new.

No, this is new. This applies to ALL sales. Previously if you bought privately and the seller had not reclaimed the ved then it was transfered wqith the vehicle. Now it is not. As soon as the V5 is returned the VEd is cancelled and the buyer needs to pay again for a period that has already been paid for by the previous owner.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just renewed now and not going to be issued with a disc. Going to be weird driving around without one.

I think you should still be allowed to display an up to date tax disk from choice. This would be useful for those who view it as a permit to rant at/harass cyclists, none of whom pay any road tax, you know.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have just bought a car for my son that we wont be using for a couple of month that will/is parked on a private drive and the tax runs out at the end of the month, what are my responsibilities re tax insurance? having only bought it yesterday we don't have the log book in his name to sorn it ect?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have just bought a car for my son that we wont be using for a couple of month that will/is parked on a private drive and the tax runs out at the end of the month, what are my responsibilities re tax insurance? having only bought it yesterday we don't have the log book in his name to sorn it ect?

Just SORN it and then you don't need to tax or insure it while it stays on your drive ( unless of course you want to insure it for theft ).

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

You should be able to SORN it with the small green slip you presumable obtained from the V5 when you completed the paperowrk of the sale? (V5c).

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Just SORN it and then you don't need to tax or insure it while it stays on your drive ( unless of course you want to insure it for theft ).

You should be able to SORN it with the small green slip you presumable obtained from the V5 when you completed the paperowrk of the sale? (V5c).

Thanks guys, its got at least one car in front so theft if difficult just hope it don't burn :)
Can i sorn on-line with just the green slip?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No paper disc - now we really will know we are paying something for nothing. Time to change methinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here