Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone remember Paul Clark?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There are a few inconsistencies in that report. No way is our Paul Clark only 44. He didn't play at the same time as Fashanu. And lastI heard he was living and working in Southend.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ask Lil Fucillo if he remembers him
Reading that I don't think it's the same 'Paul Clark'. He's too young for one thing; it says he's 44, which means he was playing for us when he was about eleven!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The person in that article is Paul Clarke, not Paul Clark, and the age doesn't match up.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Definitely NOT our Paul Clark, doesnt look like him and our Clark must be 51/52.

Anyway thankfully it aint him.

Stattoseagull

Banned
Feb 25, 2007
Plumpton Green
I was only about 14 at the time but my most vivid memory of 'The Tank' was away at Leyton Orient in 1979. Not necessarily renowned for his goal scoring ability, he scored an absolute screamer from about 30 yards (I think John Jackson was in goal for Orient that day) It was the only goal of the game. He must have been in his early 20's at the time which would make him early to mid 50's now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Doesn't even look like him - our Paul Clarke had a beard for a start!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I was only about 14 at the time but my most vivid memory of 'The Tank' was away at Leyton Orient in 1979. Not necessarily renowned for his goal scoring ability, he scored an absolute screamer from about 30 yards (I think John Jackson was in goal for Orient that day) It was the only goal of the game. He must have been in his early 20's at the time which would make him early to mid 50's now.

I liked him, but as a kid didn't see the thuggish side. Until many years later my Dad put me in the picture.
Same with Horton. I thought he was class, but didn't realise he was hard on the pitch too.

paul clark at 13:moo:

Attachments

• scan0046.jpg
    scan0046.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 696

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Paul Clark, Kevin Beattie, Colin Todd - 3 of a kind, hard as nails but fair in the tackle. Would get red carded every other week nowadays in the namby pamby world of euro soccer we live in, IMHO......

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
it says he's 44, which means he was playing for us when he was about eleven!

Blimey! He was frightening enough as it was. If he was only 11, then FFS how scary would he have been by his mid-twenties. No wonder he'd given up football by then he must have moved onto a far more masculine game, like wrestling Bengal tigers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Paul Clark, Kevin Beattie, Colin Todd - 3 of a kind, hard as nails but fair in the tackle. Would get red carded every other week nowadays in the namby pamby world of euro soccer we live in, IMHO......

totally agree nobody knows how to block tackle now and if they did they would become a marked man especially by the refs

remember Paul Clark bloody right I do ...................you always knew that if he was playing you had a fighting chance

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
A good mate told me that Paul Clark was tough on the pitch, but absolutely a smashing guy off the field.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The Tank... my all time footballing hero!:bowdown:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Interesting though that the journo managed to crowbar in such ludicrously wrong references to the Albion - and even poor Justin Fashanu!
You do wonder how they can get their facts so confused. Despite the different spelling of the Clark/Clarke surnames, the hack just ploughed on with this ridiculous story regardless.

I think The Tank is owed an apology in next week's paper, under the headline: "Bridlington Free Press in Ice Cream Scoop Howler."

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Having re-read this, is this maybe a lesser known Paul Clarke that was on our books during the period mentioned ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here