Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone regret renewing their season ticket?

Do you regret renewing?

• I renewed, and i am glad i did

Votes: 151 75.5%
  • I renewed, but wish i had not bothered

Votes: 27 13.5%
  • I did not renew, but wish i did

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I did not renew, and I'm glad

Votes: 21 10.5%

• Total voters

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Maybe there should be a little disclaimer on the ticket: A football club's fortunes on the pitch may go down aswell as up.

No guarantees in life let alone on the pitch. It's a rollercoaster I am happy to be on.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
To the 8 negative f*cks and possibly the 4 others (though they may have good reason)... You won't be missed as you have no soul. Go join the army of armchair followers of some plastic identi-kit sh*t elsewhere. You have no right to claim to be a supporter of any club let alone this one, who after nearly two decades of struggle, are enjoying our most successful run ever and still you're not happy.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wouldn't go as far as regret. However with 11 out (+Buckley maybe) and only 4 in since renewing it's not looking close to being what we signed up for!

I've seen this "it's not what we signed up for" line, or words to that effect a lot recently on here. Genuine question - what did you think you were signing up for?

Personally I "sign up" to turn up on a match day and support whoever is playing for our club, as I've done for the last 35 odd years supporting the Albion including 8 seasons since I got my first st :shrug:

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
FFS from the Withdean to where were are now in such a short timeframe, a supporter for a chairman who has invested hugely from his own pocket - and we are banging on about failure.

It is all too ridiculous for words, we have only played two matches. Yep we have sold players for a profit which TB says he will reinvest in the squad, but please can we wait until the end of the month. Agree that the play is not exciting, but SH needs time to settle in.

Wouldn't give up my ST for love nor money - surely we must all be able to see that there are good times ahead!!

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Oh great, another pointless negative response.

Not sure where the negativity lies, for what it's worth, i am glad i renewed. Just trying to gauge others feelings.

Problem with that?

There are 2 ways to get to exactly the same answer...

'Does anyone regret renewing....'

'Who is happy that they renewed....'

One leads negatively, one leads positively, neither would pass a genuine market research test as they are both leading questions.

We don't get much of the latter on NSC!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've seen this "it's not what we signed up for" line, or words to that effect a lot recently on here. Genuine question - what did you think you were signing up for?

Personally I "sign up" to turn up on a match day and support whoever is playing for our club, as I've done for the last 35 odd years supporting the Albion including 8 seasons since I got my first st :shrug:

I thought I was signing up for entertainment and to enjoy the experience.

I will also support whoever is playing for the club. However if I stop being entertained and stop enjoying because whoever runs the club has sold all the best players and replaced them with average ones then I'll stop going. Everyone's different and has different priorities in life. I applaud your support but it's not as important to everyone as you can see by last night's attendance.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't regret renewing my season ticket, in fact if I did I'd be on the phone to the club asking to cancel it and get a refund. But as things stand at the moment with the squad being run down very few replacements being bought in I do feel a little bit cheated and concerned at the direction the club are heading.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
After renewing through the withdean years without question, no way am I giving it up now we have it so good. OK a bit of a down at the moment due to the lack of decent signings but not half as bad as a tuesday night in the pissing rain at Withdean watching the dross we used to serve up more often than not.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thought I was signing up for entertainment and to enjoy the experience.

I will also support whoever is playing for the club. However if I stop being entertained and stop enjoying because whoever runs the club has sold all the best players and replaced them with average ones then I'll stop going. Everyone's different and has different priorities in life. I applaud your support but it's not as important to everyone as you can see by last night's attendance.

I don't think you're alone but I'd say your view is in the minority IMO.

Has the transfer window closed yet?

Who are these average players that we have signed? Of the 4 in comings I've only seen 3 play and 2 of those played in the prem last season - or does signing COG make Hughes and stockdale average?

Tony Bloom has pumped £150m plus of his own money in to transform the club in every aspect and if he decides to sell all of our better players and replace them with average players to stop the club hemoraging (sp) at the rate of £2m every 3 months then so be it. If however TB won't panic buy a replacement until a player has left (protecting us against another Dobbie situation) then that's his choice and personally I'd prefer to protect the long term rather that paying more than we need to to shut the vocal minority up.

Obviously in an ideal world we would have had our entire squad ready a month ago with all ins and outs done. We don't live in an ideal world no matter how much we want to.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I don't think you're alone but I'd say your view is in the minority IMO.

Has the transfer window closed yet?

Who are these average players that we have signed? Of the 4 in comings I've only seen 3 play and 2 of those played in the prem last season - or does signing COG make Hughes and stockdale average?

Tony Bloom has pumped £150m plus of his own money in to transform the club in every aspect and if he decides to sell all of our better players and replace them with average players to stop the club hemoraging (sp) at the rate of £2m every 3 months then so be it. If however TB won't panic buy a replacement until a player has left (protecting us against another Dobbie situation) then that's his choice and personally I'd prefer to protect the long term rather that paying more than we need to to shut the vocal minority up.

Obviously in an ideal world we would have had our entire squad ready a month ago with all ins and outs done. We don't live in an ideal world no matter how much we want to.

I'm not sure your posting is relevant to mine. You seem to have gone off onto other issues.

I just answered your question as to why I buy a season ticket and explained why I might not in future.

However to discuss your points, I think there is far more than a minority judging by only 6,500 turning up last night.

I agree, wait until the transfer window is closed, I hope we get some more signings.

Looking at the calibre of players being signed up by the promotion candidates I would say our signings have been average, yes.

I agree TB has to make the club financially viable. How it isn't without the best gates in the FL and other supposed successful marketing is beyond me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Did and glad I did.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I made sacrifices to renew my season ticket because i enjoy the watching us play and i love the Amex. Money is extremely tight for me and that is why i don't do many away games either. I'm lucky to do one game per season if i'm honest. All i want is for us to be competitive and i'm not seeing that on the playing field. I wouldn't stop going because that's just isn't me but i certainly wouldn't commit to a season ticket if i knew we were selling off all our best players and hardly replacing them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

Didn't think you could cancel now as you have now committed yourself to it unless you have a very good reason to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here