Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
layout makes a huge difference to your experience of living in a coinfined space ( as does weather!)

I'd look here, or similar and hire a few before diving in, theyre a big investment.

https://landcruise.uk.com/

one thing I hate is having to build a bloody bed every evening . . . .

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I have. I’m hoping campsites start to open in July but I imagine the showers/toilets etc will be out of bounds so best if your van is self contained.

I bought mine back from storage and stuck it in the garden so that we can at least pretend to be on holiday.

cfec3530f61d3ed237abf254cb116908.jpg
Seriously jealous lovely view and Moterhome, we have our dreams of a motor home but they seem a long way off at the moment!

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Thought the Palace scum would've been all over this thread.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thinking of buying a day van/camper, something Transit-size. Doesn't seem to be a lot about ATM

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I have. I’m hoping campsites start to open in July but I imagine the showers/toilets etc will be out of bounds so best if your van is self contained.

I bought mine back from storage and stuck it in the garden so that we can at least pretend to be on holiday.

Lovely view, but ruined by that massive square white eyesore.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In a similar vein [buy a mobile home], I've had thoughts of buying a narrow boat for some early retirement leisure on the inland waterways.
I know Sussex is a bit short on canals [but plenty in my neck of the woods] so has anyone else looked into this or even bought one [inc time share].
Would be interested to hear experiences ....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In a similar vein [buy a mobile home], I've had thoughts of buying a narrow boat for some early retirement leisure on the inland waterways.
I know Sussex is a bit short on canals [but plenty in my neck of the woods] so has anyone else looked into this or even bought one [inc time share].
Would be interested to hear experiences ....

Took my daughter for a walk along the Grand Union this morning and had good catch ups with two couples who had done just that.

One young couple bought an old tub and are re-doing from hull up - sunk about £20k so far and reckon they’ve got another £20k to go. Taken them six months to date and have been living on it through lockdown.

The other couple were more seasoned but we didn’t get to talking numbers. I showed a passing interest just out of the excitement of interacting with other human beings in 3D!

My dad - based in Evesham - looked to get one built there as a possible rehoming solution and was quoted £70-80k by the company there. [MENTION=3125]Shropshire Seagull[/MENTION] I can ask him the name if you’d like? Might be close enough for you to take a drive out and see?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Being new to the game I had lots of plans for this year, covid has put the mockers on that!..
What were others planning to do?

You should have a trip to Europe now, before it becomes complicated by driver and vehicle licensing paperwork, immigration controls, and Duty Free instead of Free Trade... mind you, you might get another two year honeymoon from the EU, its on the table but Boris can't touch the offer with a barge pole !:facepalm:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Is this picture near Mostyn ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You should have a trip to Europe now, before it becomes complicated by driver and vehicle licensing paperwork, immigration controls, and Duty Free instead of Free Trade... mind you, you might get another two year honeymoon from the EU, its on the table but Boris can't touch the offer with a barge pole !:facepalm:

It’s a nice thread about motor homes ffs , why do you have to stick your beak in with you usual bile? Stop being a cock socket you loon!!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I shall be compliant with all relevant paperwork stipulation when I travel to Europe, cannot wait, really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was planning on the former Jugoslavian countries plus Albania and home through Italy. Great trip to Bulgaria and Romania last Autumn. Japanese Ambulance we’ve had custom converted.
Wait to see for the next trip but not too far as wouldn’t want to get caught in a lockdown.
09ECBC7F-6143-442A-82F1-D0484DBE3413.jpeg

5BD23574-FCD4-4BE7-8771-F16035A98AAF.jpeg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have family who live on the Welsh border in Shropshire, and being a keen fisherman, Mostyn is a place I know well.
I have fished there on many occasions.

I didn’t know people fished there. The docks are mostly used for launching windmills these days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here