Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone on NSC ever had a Toyota MR2. What do / did you think of it

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It was mines as well, half shared with my Dad . . . . still have mk1's but the MK2 1600E is a better car to live with. miss my old MK1 Crapi as well, 1600GT was a lovely car for cruising around.

My Dad had a 1970 Capri 3000GT XLR when I was a kid. Was silver, but then he resprayed it in the JPS colours, with a gold bonnet bulge and gold on the raised section which hooked around the rear arches. I remember that the black vinyl seats used to burn my legs in Summer... :glare:

As a grown up, I've had a few 2.8i's which were frankly dangerous - and a plethora of the 1.6 and 2.0 Lasers, which were frankly boring as hell unless the roads were wet and greasy - then it was the human equivalent of riding a skateboard on an ice rink wearing banana skins on your feet. :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My Dad had a 1970 Capri 3000GT XLR when I was a kid. Was silver, but then he resprayed it in the JPS colours, with a gold bonnet bulge and gold on the raised section which hooked around the rear arches. I remember that the black vinyl seats used to burn my legs in Summer... :glare:

As a grown up, I've had a few 2.8i's which were frankly dangerous - and a plethora of the 1.6 and 2.0 Lasers, which were frankly boring as hell unless the roads were wet and greasy - then it was the human equivalent of riding a skateboard on an ice rink wearing banana skins on your feet. :eek:

First time I drove a capri, it was a borrowed, I thought to myself ' do they really handle that badly', put my foot down coming off the roaundabout at the end of Shoreham hight street, whizzz! intantly did a 180! to save face, I pulled into the Bridge car park!

I spun the 1600E on the flyover roundabout one evening when I ran out of talent, came to a halt on the roundabout!

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....instantly did a 180! to save face, I pulled into the Bridge car park!

Styled it out. Respect. :lolol:

My most embarrassing 'lost it' was in a 1988 Astra GTE of all cars. Lost it in slow motion on a narrow but increasingly sharp bend. Took my foot off the gas, gave it some light oppo, gave myself the cross sign and hoped for the best. A howling roar of all four Pirelli P600's and there I was - wedged in the middle of the road, sideways.

Honestly, the Red Arrows couldn't have done it more precisely. I had about three inches gap between the bumpers and the dry stone wall, both ends. A steady queue of traffic built up bemusedly watching me do a 73 point turn, arms flailing at the steering wheel, and reverse lights going off and on like a disco light wondering how exactly I got like that. :tosser:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20210701_211558.JPG

This has just popped up on eBay.
The state of it! Why do people do stupid shit like that to their car?

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I always think to myself :

Car Value : £3,500
Spend to make it look shite : £6,500
Total : £10,000

Could have bought a £10,000 car.

Addition to value by making it so personalised nobody else likes it : £0
Value of shite car you now own : £3,500

:shrug: