Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on a 1706 train from London to Brighton tonight?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It sounds to me like Freedman is trying to build team spirit by doing something different and relaxing everyone. We will see whether it works tomorrow.

As someone who regularly gets a commuter train from London to Brighton in rush hour, I can confirm there is nothing relaxing, about being sardined onto a packed, airless train, while all around look miserable. Anyone engaging in conversation gets looked at like the devil.

Not sure what they paid however a return costs me £50.10 for the day, even assuming they booked in advance I can't see how 20+ people on the train was any cheaper than a coach.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Is it really as expensive as that?!?!

Yep, purchased on the day Brighton to London Bridge (this is peak time fare)

I'm pleased I get it all back on expenses. I can never see the attraction in commuting to London, paying exorbitant charges for a poor service and another two hours of your day wasted.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I can just see the two kitmen with a wicker basket, one handle each, and another one with a big net and 15 footballs in it slung over his shoulder mincing their way down West Street

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can just see the two kitmen with a wicker basket, one handle each, and another one with a big net and 15 footballs in it slung over his shoulder mincing their way down West Street
:lolol:

In all seriousness though as has been said, so the squad and staff got the train down.. All in all must be 25-30 people, I struggle to believe that getting the train down is cheaper than hiring out a coach, bit strange really maybe there was an issue with the team bus? #buswankers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Their coach and kit van was parked up down the side of the Metropole this morning.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their coach and kit van was parked up down the side of the Metropole this morning.

Dispels the rumour they were going to queue up for a number 25 bendy bus at the Old Steine :lolol:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I've always wondered if the old, 'If everyone comes out of clubs at 2am, there's bound to be trouble...' idea has been proved by the deregulation of club hours. I can't help feeling that if people are out, at various times, between say 8pm. and 6am., and possibly more pis*ed than in the old days, what with shots and Jaigerbombs etc., there is more likelihood of grief ???

To be honest I dont agree with the clubs now been open longer reducing the issues - I go to Drum and Bass events (just woke up from a couple of hours after Fabric last night) and the people that will cause the trouble - the drinkers - all seem to leave around 2/3 as they are hammered so I still think that you have the same bottleneck as you did when clubs closed at 2. The guys that go till 6/7 either drive or get the train and will not have the same "fighting" mentality so you just dont get the trouble - just some very strange looking people wondering around with "norms"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here