Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know their way around hospital procedures/targets etc. ?

Indeed. Last time, in Feb, I just wanted info - if they'd said 4 months, it would have been bad but at least I would have known, but they told me nothing. I can't work, I can't sleep more than 90 mins at a time, plus, as a dialysis patient I have open access points on my arm and the stoma bags leak, so I have open wounds and shite around which is extremely dangerous.

I am so angry now, I don't want to take it out on whoever I get to speak to, I know it's not their fault, but it's getting hard to control myself with the frustration. That's not my nature either, but it may be shortly !!

If it were me I would now speak with your PALS contact and say that in view of the on-going delay in treatment and that they (and the hospital) have not dealt with you complaint(s) in a timely and patient focused manner that you are referring the matter to the Health Ombudsman. Then summarise the entire saga including all your attempts to find out what the f*** has been going on, who you contacted and when, what you've been told and by whom, the impact (incl financial) on you and your quality of life of the continued cancellations, lack of transparency from the hospital, PALS responding that they don't have the staff etc, etc and send/e-mail this to PALS. Confirm that you are referring the complaint to the Ombudsman and then do so, irrespective of any response from PALS or the hospital, including (hopefully) an appointment for the operation.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
T
If it were me I would now speak with your PALS contact and say that in view of the on-going delay in treatment and that they (and the hospital) have not dealt with you complaint(s) in a timely and patient focused manner that you are referring the matter to the Health Ombudsman. Then summarise the entire saga including all your attempts to find out what the f*** has been going on, who you contacted and when, what you've been told and by whom, the impact (incl financial) on you and your quality of life of the continued cancellations, lack of transparency from the hospital, PALS responding that they don't have the staff etc, etc and send/e-mail this to PALS. Confirm that you are referring the complaint to the Ombudsman and then do so, irrespective of any response from PALS or the hospital, including (hopefully) an appointment for the operation.

Thank you, a route I am reluctant to use, but may do. It seems I am now dealing with the people at RSCH who can get things done, although the person who can re-schedule my op is away until Monday, they have promised me that they will sit down then and get it sorted. We shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here