Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know much about spiders?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's a garden spider. Put it in the garden and all will be well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cracking colours! Put that on a rose leaf at this time of the year, turn your back, look around again and see if you can still see it.

Orb web spiders are a thing of real beauty in the Autumn. Do the right thing and put it outside where it belongs.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Glad to see that you went straight to the web for your information. :jester:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
O
Looks like it could be a false widow spider (Steatoda nobilis). Hard to tell from a picture. The false widow will normally hang upside down in its web. The webs are very spindly. I would not worry too much. Most bites from false widows are nothing more serious than a bee sting. However some people can have a more serious reaction.

My advise (I am a pest controller) would be to remove the spider from your office and then remove all webs. If new webs appear, remove them as well.

I'm not a pest controller but I do live in an area of Dorset where false widows are common.

The body shape is similar but the colours and patterns are nothing like a false widow spider. As someone else has suggested, it's a harmless garden spider.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you've found your trousers, put some bicycle clips on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. The color shown in the picture is quite normal for a false widow.

*******s ! what chance do we have if the buggers have multiple colour ranges ?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Call that a spider.....nah, this is a spider, a Sydney Funnel Web.
Caught him in my downstairs loo last week, he was behind the brush.
Most poisonous in the world. A venomous bite from its razor sharp fangs shuts down your organs & respiratory system.
Average person has about 4 minutes to get some anti-venom into their bloodstream otherwise they die.
Major shortage of anti-venom here in Sydney at present.

Sydney Funnel Web.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that is a eyeball widow spider (arachnus eyeballus dysonus)......so called as it will suck your eyeballs out given half a chance ...!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Call that a spider.....nah, this is a spider, a Sydney Funnel Web.
Caught him in my downstairs loo last week, he was behind the brush.
Most poisonous in the world. A venomous bite from its razor sharp fangs shuts down your organs & respiratory system.
Average person has about 4 minutes to get some anti-venom into their bloodstream otherwise they die.
Major shortage of anti-venom here in Sydney at present.

View attachment 69647

huntsman....???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not an expert, but it could be the yellow Orb Spider, Araneus quadratus ? A goodie as web spinners go!

I was wrong with my guess. It is most likely Araneus marmoreus var. pyramidatus. Marbled Orb-weaver Spider.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The weather will change soon and spiders will be looking to come in doors.

They will crawl into your ears while you sleep.Usually they leave without you knowing about it but rarely some put up permanent camp in your lugholes.
good tip below for removal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here