Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone know if the boys are out in Dubai yet?

el punal

I don't get it - all EPL clubs complain about the schedule and the effect on players. I know, let's have a winter break and fly the squad half way around the world for training. And that ignores the cost and emissions in doing so. As has already been posted - how does warm weather training help the squad when we're in the coldest season here ?
Probably because it’s more fun than building an igloo.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't get it - all EPL clubs complain about the schedule and the effect on players. I know, let's have a winter break and fly the squad half way around the world for training. And that ignores the cost and emissions in doing so. As has already been posted - how does warm weather training help the squad when we're in the coldest season here ?
Perhaps you should take this up with the club's sports scientists? Seems like you are more clued up on this than them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
i think the plan is 3 training session days and then a similar number of rest days. They're back on Mon/Tues with then 8 days to prepare for Wolves on Mon Jan 22nd.
Wolves are also in Dubai but they have a cup replay next week v WBA to get back for on Tuesday Jan 16th .

PS: Warren and JC from Radio Sussex discuss the ins/outs of the trip as part of their round up on this weeks Albion Unlimited pod https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h0cmn1

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Surely the budget stretches further than this crappy looking hotel !!
Well obviously @dwayne they don't have the sort of resources available to someone like yourself, they are only Premier League Footballers :shrug:

Do you remember the dreadful limits you had to live within waaaay back when you were just an excel monkey in a back office :wink:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well obviously @dwayne they don't have the sort of resources available to someone like yourself, they are only Premier League Footballers :shrug:

Do you remember the dreadful limits you had to live within waaaay back when you were just an excel monkey in a back office :wink:
Exactly surely they can do better than lil old me.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A Trumpist would say it's certainly a conspiracy by the club to make it look like they are training in Dubai but it's really a ploy to get more allotment to spend more money above the allowable spending limits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully I'm not too late, or better still they've made it back unscathed.
Just in case:-

DON'T YOU FUDGING DARE, ALBION.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Will be interesting to find out which U-21s have made the trip: Nilsson? Samuels? Peupion? BBB? Duffus? Kavanagh?

Brian Owen reported that nine U-21s made the trip.

Based on photos and video released by the club I think those nine were:-

Killian Cahill (GK)
Leigh Kavanagh
Imari Samuels
Jack Hinchy (after he had captained the U-21s against Reading)
Cam Peupion
Benicio Baker-Boaitey
Luca Barrington
Joshua Duffus
Mark O'Mahony

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here