Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know if any of our summer targets...

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
have signed elsewhere instead? We seem to be dragging our heels a bit but if those targets are still free agents then theres nothing to worry about......is there?:eek:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It’s looking likely that Robbie Simpson will go to Huddersfield Town for 500k.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It’s looking likely that Robbie Simpson will go to Huddersfield Town for 500k.

not sure where that comes from but if the rumour is as reliable as the price quoted I think we can discount it. Friend of mine at Cov says the actual fee being asked is "relatively low with add-ons based on performance and a sell-on" but refused to say who was in the hunt for him.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
500k!!!:ohmy:
To be honest id be hoping we dont offer anything near that, and think we could do better than that for that amount of money. It has been a bit quiet on targets over the last week or so, not worrying yet though as we have plenty of time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fair enough - good spot.

still not sure that fee is right though whoever buys but then very few deals (especially at our level) seem to be actual cash these days so guess it depends how it's structured and what you choose to include or exclude when quoting a fee.

my pal was hinting that there are a number of potential buyers (and that Cov will sell) but wouldn't/couldn't say more

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
They are looking pretty good for a top 6 place then by the sounds...

That’s the scary thing there’s a lot of teams that are looking like contenders for promotion! MK Dons, Tranmere, Huddersfield, Leeds, Norwich, Charlton to name a few. I’d be pretty satisfied if we could finish in the upper reaches of mid table next season.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I hear that Ronaldo's gone to Real Madrid for 80 million.

:bigwave::wozza::wave:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
fair enough - good spot.

still not sure that fee is right though whoever buys but then very few deals (especially at our level) seem to be actual cash these days so guess it depends how it's structured and what you choose to include or exclude when quoting a fee.

my pal was hinting that there are a number of potential buyers (and that Cov will sell) but wouldn't/couldn't say more

There is a little link underneath that article that says coventry are interested in a swap deal with sammy clingan of norwich, and Simpson plus a fair bit of cash going the other way. Looks as if he will sign for one of those two, but as i said im not dissapointed at all, many more players as good as simpson i would expect for 500k (or whatever the fee is).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hardly any deals have been done in the grand scheme of things, loads of playeres looking for clubs having been released from championship clubs (Ifill and Flinders being just 2) not panicking yet that will happen when Murray goes and we don't/can't replace him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here