Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know about Asbestos?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Buzza said:
Caz are you buying the flat? presumably you can have the cost knocked off the asking price when coming to final negotiations?

Yes. I think the problem is that we can leave it there and it doesnt have to be removed if we leave it alone.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
To be honest I'm not too sure about the effects of actually living with it in your house, Uncle C seems to be your man on that front.

However I'd never be completetly at rest if it was in my house.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Anyone know about Asbestos?

East Staffs Gull said:
A complete unknown as far as I'm concerned. If he's a striker we'll probably give him a three year contract.
Not very good in the air, I've heard.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Timbo said:
To be honest I'm not too sure about the effects of actually living with it in your house, Uncle C seems to be your man on that front.

thats what i thought. there are quite a few things that need to be done so we need to look at costs and see whether it is worth it.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Timbo said:

If it's in board form, it's generally totally safe if you leave it alone. Best bet is to encapsulate it (board over it and seal the edges). Just remember not to drill holes in it, as it's when it is in its fibrous state that it's dangerous.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
sully said:
If it's in board form, it's generally totally safe if you leave it alone. Best bet is to encapsulate it (board over it and seal the edges). Just remember not to drill holes in it, as it's when it is in its fibrous state that it's dangerous.

i suppose but then we may have the same problem when we sell on so if we can remove i would rather do it. the wall is a pain in the arse anyway its a partition wall without any value.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If it was me I would get a quote, then approach the vendors for a discount (anywhere between 50 and 100% of the cost depending on how hard you can push it.)

If someone has to go round to give a quote this may freak them out enough to get you a discount.

I am with you, better to get it out and then sleep in peace.

Good luck

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My grandad used to work down the asbestos factory. When he died, it took three weeks to cremate him.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
You caould use it as a bargaining tool. When we bought our previous house it needed £3500 worth of work doing to it we told the vendor either drop the price or get the work done prior to purchase. that was in 1995 they dropped the price by the cost of the work it may well be worth trying this tactic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here