[Misc] Anyone know a good way of destroying 200 pizza boxes?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah... the weed. Its shitty. I've been smoking for eleven years now, in long periods daily or almost daily.

The few times I've smoked nothing (or very little) for several months, I've had more success in every single aspect of my life than I've had over these eleven years overall.

But as you know... that feeling of not caring about anything and not feeling anything is just a very strong. Smoking alone or with a group of friends, listening to music and just talking shit.

I'm ****ing annoyed that most of my friends, also stoners for the most part, are pro-legalisation of this shit, its like they cant see how harmful it is despite them all having a bunch of issues (often far worse than mine as my psyche is rock hard).

It fascinates me that people are defending their addictions year in year out when there is nothing better than the feeling of having absolutely zero desires, like on occasion for me. Not that I meet a lot of people with this privileged situation nowadays, even if they dont smoke or do other drugs, most own a smartphone...

how would decriminisation affect their behaviour? or anyone else?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Have you emailed Paul Barber to ask his advice?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do we know what Swansman does for a living? If he doesn’t have a job where is the money to buy dope and a pizza every other day coming from?

And as [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] says who’s apartment is this that the OP lives in? Are they aware it is almost a squat now? Apartment not cleaned for a year? Wow!

I am finding this thread quite surreal, hope it has a happy ending!

The 200 pizza boxes are just a small part of the problem aren’t they?

Fascinating stuff though

I’m finding it hard to believe, he said recently in another thread he collects discarded cig or reefer butts and breaks them down to make a bigger one....

It’s coming across he’s basically homeless pothead really

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’m finding it hard to believe, he said recently in another thread he collects discarded cig or reefer butts and breaks them down to make a bigger one....

People go to dark places. It doesn’t define them. Go easy, please.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
People go to dark places. It doesn’t define them. Go easy, please.

I know, I am well travelled in the dark places of our minds, and circumstances.

Sorry, I can’t explain why, but somethings not right with his posts from day one, there’s inconsistency throughout, he first said he was coming to Brighton to study etc, start a new wave ultra fan bullshit thing, this dude winds me up for some reason, i just call bullshit, I will leave the thread alone.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've spent quite a bit of time on business in Scandinavia. I've been to Stockholm, but also smaller towns like Kalmar and Linkoping. Quite a lot of time in Denmark too; again major cities like Copenhagen but more so in Jutland - Billund, Herning, Vejle, Aarhus. My impression has always been, wow, how happy, wealthy and chilled out everybody looks. The way of life seems so different to here in the UK.

Maybe what I've seen is a little false. I don't know.

Swansman, I know absolutely nothing about you, what you do, how old you are, anything really. But there's something about your posts that reminds me of a younger version of me, and I know how troubled I was. You're posting on here with better English than many native English speaking people I encounter on a daily basis - you're clearly an intelligent person. The world can be an absolute cünt. Maybe you didn't get the breaks. I don't know, but I'm 100% certain than you can do better than you have been doing and are right now.

I've been to the absolute depths of despair, and back. And then back again. Ad infinitum. It's not as simple as some binary concept of rags to riches - in reality life is far more complicated and nuanced. Anyway, as has become the norm in recent months I'd love the opportunity to have a good chat with you and share experiences over some popular form of videoconferencing platform (video not necessary). If you fancy it, drop me a PM. If not, just ignore this message with no offence taken and all the best wishes in the world! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words, I am sure we share plenty of experiences. No need to worry about my well-being really, part of my "life building issue" is that I dont break down, I just remain quite jolly. I've been quite lucky to always have a lot of friends (though the Covid-19 situation in Sweden is very annoying in that regard) which I believe is more or less everything a human needs. Though of course I'll need to get the other shit together at some point pretty soon..

Would gladly have spoken to you on Skype if it werent for my massive fear of talking one-on-one outside of the physical world. When I give people my number I usually say "only call if you are dying or horny". That fear of speaking through phones or computers is pretty high on my list over things I would like to get rid off...

Going out of the apartment at three or four in the night, just as it is getting bright again... not a soul outside and the air so fresh, so clean, so pure and free from the smelling of human activity and everthing is calm and quiet, and clear. positive, creative thoughts rushing through the mind. And a little side mission at that, to possibly find some nice reefer butts to examine and enjoy when getting back home one or two hours later. Homeless pothead? Sure lets call it that. I highly recommend it.

I know, I am well travelled in the dark places of our minds, and circumstances.

Sorry, I can’t explain why, but somethings not right with his posts from day one, there’s inconsistency throughout, he first said he was coming to Brighton to study etc, start a new wave ultra fan bullshit thing, this dude winds me up for some reason, i just call bullshit, I will leave the thread alone.

I fail to see the inconsistency? My plan was to go to Brighton this fall to study at the university, and indeed engage myself in the culture around the club. Then the virus came and royally ****ed my plan of a fun year or life abroad.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Really? Would have thought a pint in the UK would cost £2-3. In most cities in Sweden the price is around £5-6 for a beer.

What about hard liquor? Here you get a 4 cl shot of vodka for £9-10 in most places and I'm convinced it cant be more expensive anywhere else in the world.

You're doing well to find £5 beers out there. I've spent a lot of time in Sweden, including both Lund and Göteborg, and I've not found a beer that cheap. 70-90kr seems to be about average for a beer in a bar, which is more like £6-8 in GBP. In fact I've just had a look on my banking app and can see I was paying 69kr in Göteborg's Brewdog and 89kr in the very pleasant Ölrepubliken earlier this year. Similar prices in a Bishops Arms or O'Learys chain bar too so it's not like I'm just picking the posh places!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
You have a phobia of ripping cardboard!? Just stack them outside give them a stamp then get them in the recycling or refuse bins.

Show us the pizza boxes first ��

Hope you manage to help yourself.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is this serious. I've heard fridges can smell awful if you leave them as the airtight seal makes the anaerobic bacteria grow. Which are a whole different level of disgusting.

But I'm not sure if this is serious...

requiem-fridge.gif

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You're doing well to find £5 beers out there. I've spent a lot of time in Sweden, including both Lund and Göteborg, and I've not found a beer that cheap. 70-90kr seems to be about average for a beer in a bar, which is more like £6-8 in GBP. In fact I've just had a look on my banking app and can see I was paying 69kr in Göteborg's Brewdog and 89kr in the very pleasant Ölrepubliken earlier this year. Similar prices in a Bishops Arms or O'Learys chain bar too so it's not like I'm just picking the posh places!

Yes a lot of places have those prices. The chains may not be posh but they attract a lot of foreigners who might not know that it is possible to get beer for half of that. I haven't been to Ölrepubliken, but if you go to one of the Ölstugan places instead, or to any pub at the "hipster street" Andra Långgatan, you can get a beer for 30-35 kr (less than £3).

You have a phobia of ripping cardboard!? Just stack them outside give them a stamp then get them in the recycling or refuse bins.

Show us the pizza boxes first ��

Hope you manage to help yourself.

Well, not phobia per se, but you know how some type of sounds or feelings triggers weird effects in people. Ripping cardboard does that to me. Not as bad as styrofoam though.

Wish I could take a photo of the boxes, I have turned them into two quite impressive towers now!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes a lot of places have those prices. The chains may not be posh but they attract a lot of foreigners who might not know that it is possible to get beer for half of that. I haven't been to Ölrepubliken, but if you go to one of the Ölstugan places instead, or to any pub at the "hipster street" Andra Långgatan, you can get a beer for 30-35 kr (less than £3).

Well, not phobia per se, but you know how some type of sounds or feelings triggers weird effects in people. Ripping cardboard does that to me. Not as bad as styrofoam though.

Having watched the magnificent 'Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga' yesterday, have to confess I can no longer read the words of our pet needy Swede without channeling the accents and manners of Lars Erickssong for no real reason at all, other than shits and gjggles like :moo:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Wish I could take a photo of the boxes, I have turned them into two quite impressive towers now!

Have you tried using scissors to cut them up, rather than ripping (if you do not like the sound?
The sooner you start, the sooner the job will be finished...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports