Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone in your family ever play Stoolball ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are always a couple of stoolball games on Priory fields in Lewes on Thursday evenings in summer. Never played it myself as Bevendean primary school did cricket, rounders and athletics in the summer.

But we did play shinty in the winter so Lush's memory may not be hazy after all.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Played against Chelsea College years ago in the Hellingly hospital grounds. I opened the batting & the lady bowler bounded in to bowl the first ball. It was that fast I didn't even see it. Ended up with a broken nose & left the field with my face covered in blood :FFSPuncheon.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Played against Chelsea College years ago in the Hellingly hospital grounds. I opened the batting & the lady bowler bounded in to bowl the first ball. It was that fast I didn't even see it. Ended up with a broken nose & left the field with my face covered in blood :FFSPuncheon.
Seen that a few times. As for fast lady bowlers, have a look at this.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Yes. Mother played for Handcross for about 40 years and I played as kid. It tended to be a Sussex sport but is now played in Yorkshire. Many years ago I dated a Yorkshire lass who saw the game liked it and took it back up north she was a sports teacher and taught it to youngsters and it has spread.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
Played mixed football for brighton tigers in the brighton league in the 70,s mixed stoolball was popular then with two divisions, and league s in Eastbourne and around Sussex. Great game to play and harder to play than it looks. Men could bowl the ball very fast. Also played tournaments every Sunday throughout the summer. Great days

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
played for worthing hospital in the early 80's ....another excuse to run out of petrol on the downs with a car full of half cut nurses....:kiss:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here