Anyone (In North Stand?) Care To Actually Talk Us Through The Northampton Goal?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Easy 10 said:

I was struggling with my poncho anyway. I nearly SUFFOCATED.

That, to be fair, was your fault anyway.

What is wrong with giving the club £1 for an extremely well made, high quality waterproof with printed badge?

None of this fancy see-thru malarky;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
Nice little touch at the end was both Henderson and Butters going to see the lad and probably tell him it wasn't his fault.

More likely telling him "You'll NEVER work in this town again!" :angry:

Somewhat harsher view, I know, but here in a nutshell;

Hinsh had been cleverly letting balls run to Hendo all game, and was so chuffed with self-satisfaction that he thought it super-smart to welt the ball to Andromeda. While he was patting himself on the back and ignoring the player he should've been marking, the play continued (because they no longer have to go around the Goldstone to get the ball from Hove Park, like Hinsh seems to have FORGOTTEN) and their attacker Quinn had a completely FREE RUN at our goal - courtesy of Hinshelwood football genius.

Job done, Quinn should have swapped shirts with Hinsh and handed him a DUMMY and a hat like this :jester: or this :dunce: for his part in our downfall.

Sep 18, 2003
Happenned right in front of me.

The ball had been left on its own 2/3 yards from touchline.

Whing winged it off his shin, and ball went into somewhere near J block. The ball was intially chased by El Ab, but with Whing running forward, and El Ab chasing lost cause, a big hole opened up. Their man on the Whing tackle just carried his run to the touchline, picked the ball up, and took throw into the hole. Next thing it is 1:1 with keeper. Good shot to be fair. Just quick thinking, and we were slow to react.

Whing had a bit of a pop at the ball boys for leaving ball.

Agree with earlier comment - we should have ball boys that know the game, although we will get the multiball withdrawn more times if we use it badly. Either way ball boys should hold the ball, and should be older than 5 years old!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Theatre of Trees said:
Nice little touch at the end was both Henderson and Butters going to see the lad and probably tell him it wasn't his fault.

Did Guy look something like this?

xbs-3RayWinstone.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
There was no ballboy involved. I sit in F Block, so right by where they took the throw from. When Hinsh booted it out, McGleish (it would have to be him!) PICKED UP a ball from the side of the pitch - it was just kind of sitting there with some other crap. The ballboy had LEFT it there, as for most of the match he was actually standing in that exact spot.

The ball boy left it there as he had got up to see where Hinsh had hoofed it to. Much as you hate the bloke, you have to give credit to McGleish for a piece of quick thinking when our boys had switched off.

Anyway, if you want to blame someone, how about the curly haired female steward who took the ball down to that ballboy a few minutes before the goal after John Gorman had been whinging about the lack of a spare ball in their attacking half of the pitch.

1066gull

From what I have heard, all creadit to Northamptoon in using their initiave to take advantage.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Go away, get a dictionary, and come back when you have something worthwhile to say.

Go away, get a life and come back when you've got something to say other than pick up on other people's spelling mistakes.

1066gull

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Actually I couldn't really give a f*** about his spelling mistakes, I do get f***ed off with his offering comment over an incident he hasn't seen.
I was saying 'with reference to what I have heard'.

Jesus

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Theatre of Trees said:
It was actually Fraser.

From what I saw, Fraser had a right go at the poor sod.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Lindfield by the sea said:
Agree with earlier comment - we should have ball boys that know the game, although we will get the multiball withdrawn more times if we use it badly. Either way ball boys should hold the ball, and should be older than 5 years old!

I have thought this for the last few years. You can't blame the kids, but surely the club should have learnt by now by the number of times the multi-ball system has been stopped by referees because more than one ball has come back into play - I agree that the clubs scholars should do the job.

Remember years ago the furore caused by Jimmy Hill when he blamed a Blackburn ball girl for releasing a ball too quickly which lead to Liverpool's equaliser in an FA Cup tie, preventing the 2nd Division club from acheiving a giantkilling?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ah. Bring back Keith Cuss! Now HE was a ball boy.... :clap2:

Almost caused a riot against Manchester City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports