Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have Gerry Rafferty in their 'Deadpool'?

shittteee he wasnt very old either RIP

Just heard it on the news; what is it with all these men dying in their early 60s? Brian Hanrahan, Pete Postlethwaite.........shit, I might only have 10 years left!
I thought he was North American, not Scottish.

Here's the celebrity death list so far this year....

Tues 4th
Coen Moulijn, 73, Dutch footballer. [1] (Dutch)
Chrysanth, 73, Vyatka Metropolit of Russian Orthodox Church. [2] (Russian)
Hélio Ary, 80, Brazilian actor, Alzheimer's disease. [3] (Portuguese)
Mick Karn, 52, Cypriot-born British musician (Japan). [4]
Ali Reza Pahlavi II, 44, Iranian noble, younger son of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, suicide. [5]
Gerry Rafferty, 63, Scottish singer-songwriter (Stealers Wheel). [6]
Eva Strittmatter, 80, German author and poet. [7] (German)
Salmaan Taseer, 64, Pakistani politician, Governor of Punjab (since 2008), shot. [8]
Ahmed Yamani, 86, Palestinian leader, founder of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, stroke. [9]
[edit]
Mon 3rd
Ronald Colapinto, 79, Canadian surgeon, liver cancer. [10]
Geraldo Flach, 65, Brazilian musician and composer, cancer. [11] (Portuguese)
Fadil Hadžić, 88, Croatian filmmaker, screenwriter, playwright and journalist. [12] (Croatian)
Zbigniew Jaremski, 61, Polish Olympic silver medal-winning (1976) athlete. [13] (Polish)
Suchitra Mitra, 86, Indian singer, cardiac arrest. [14]
Alfred Proksch, 102, Austrian athlete and graphic designer. [15] (German)
Stanley Tolliver, 85, American attorney and civil rights advocate. [16]
Nakamura Tomijyuro V, 81, Japanese Kabuki actor. [17] (Japanese)
[edit]
Sun 2nd
Anna Anni, 84, Italian costume designer (Otello). [18]
Jan van Beek, 85, Dutch journalist. [19] (Dutch)
Kate Ebli, 52, American politician, member of the Michigan House of Representatives (2006–2010). [20]
Anne Francis, 80, American actress (Honey West, Forbidden Planet, The Twilight Zone), pancreatic cancer. [21]
Hanna Kraan, 64, Dutch children's author. [22] (Dutch)
John Osborne, 74, Montserratian politician, Chief Minister (1978–1991; 2001–2006), after long illness. [23]
Pete Postlethwaite, 64, British actor (In the Name of the Father, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Usual Suspects), cancer. [24]
William R. Ratchford, 76, American politician, Congressman from Connecticut (1979–1985), complications from Parkinson's disease. [25]
Eliseu Resende, 81, Brazilian senator, intestinal cancer. [26] (Portuguese).
Yosef Shiloach, 69, Israeli actor. [27]
Letícia Ferreira de Souza, 110, Brazilian supercentenarian. [28] (Portuguese).
Szeto Wah, 79, Hong Kong political activist, lung cancer. [29]
Robert Trumble, 91, Australian writer and musician. [30]
Sat 1st
Nikolay Alexandrovich Abramov, 26, Russian footballer. [31] (Russian)
Marin Constantin, 85, Romanian musician, conductor and composer. [32] (Romanian)
Charles Fambrough, 60, American jazz musician and composer. [33]
Gil Garfield, 77, American songwriter and musician (The Cheers), cancer. [34]
David Gurland, 43, American cabaret singer, brain hemorrhage. [35]
Bruce Halliday, 84, Canadian physician and politician, MP for Oxford (1974–1993). [36]
Gerd Michael Henneberg, 88, German actor. [37] (German)
Flemming Jørgensen, 63, Danish actor and musician (Bamses Venner), heart attack. [38] (Danish)
John Olguin, 89, American-born Mexican museum director. [39]
Billy Joe Patton, 88, American golfer. [40]
Albert Raisner, 88, French television presenter and harmonica player. [41] (French)
Pradeep Vijayakar, 59, Indian sports journalist (The Times of India), cancer. [42]
Faizal Yusof, 32, Malaysian actor, heart attack. [43]

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, I assumed he must be ill as I was checking out the celebrity death list predictions for 2011 yesterday and I was surprised to see him high up the list.

I'm supposed to chuck one in the ring for a little bit of a competition among friends. I was going for Kim Jong Il, but I have a nasty feeling that if he croaks, the Koreans will keep it quiet for a while, and time is of the essence in this little bet.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
On a wing & a prayer was a great album. Very Dylanesque. Saw him with a band at The Dome on that tour. They were simply stunning.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Baker Street inspired me to play Sax, already a clarinetist I used it as a diversion when a change was needed.
I play Baker Street along with Right Down the Line, Night Owl and Matties' Rag in my current band.
The next gig I will have to play these as a tribute.
R.I.P. Gerry.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Baker Street is my all time favourite song... gutted at the demise of The Raff

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Rafferty was a friend of a friend of mine from back in the early days in the 60s. I thought he was a bit under-rated, with most people just knowing Baker St - which was a rather nice song apart from the superb sax solo. RIP.

My favourite rafferty song is 'Whatever's written in your heart', good lyrics and no Sax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here