Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have an old style Xbox 360 I could borrow for an hour?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've got an old Swingball in the shed that you are welcome to borrow if it is of any use to you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All save games are generally locked to the console/profile it was saved on (unless as you have already said its saved in the cloud, then any console you sign in on will access the save game). Getting another 360 may not help you as it will still be a different console ID.
No it wasn't on the cloud, the profile doesn't have a live account. It's ok, this worked:
I'll try copying the profile and putting it on the new console.
It was weird though, it wouldn't let me copy the profile, I had to move it. So if the storage device with the profile died, everything associated with that profile would be lost.

There are programs for the PC that will be able to read the 360 formatted memory stick (if you mean a USB stick rather than one of the proper XBOX memory cards) and they will be able to resign the save game to work with a newly created profile which should then let you reuse the save.
That sounds really handy. I'm thinking of getting a second Xbox 360, so my kids can have one each, and at the moment only one of them would be able to have the minecraft game. While I can copy the save game, I can't copy the profile. Do you have any more information on those programs, one that works etc?

You may be lucky if you have a copy of the profile saved though as transferring the profile (which is probably saved on the hard drive rather than the stick) to the new console may relink the save as well.
I moved it from my old HDD to a USB stick, then to the new console. Copying it wasn't an option. I could give it a unique name and then sign up to Live, so I can then download it onto the next Xbox I get. I don't know if renaming it will prevent it from using the save game though, which would be a disaster.

Another trick to try is wrap the faulty 360 in a towel therefore blocking all the air vents and power it on laid flat until it feels really hot. this can melt the solder under the processor chip and reattach it but its not a long term fix and carries its own risk. Have a look on google for red ring fixes for more info
Yeah I'd read the same thing :) I managed to get the console fired up once by switching on a pressing eject - I copied the save game, so thought all was good, but I didn't move the profile.

He's solved the issue, so we can all stop worrying. We were worrying right?
Just you Chuck, and your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here