Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those who panic bought and cleared the shelves in a rush probably brushed shoulders with COVID-19 carriers in the heaving and sweating supermarkets. So they may need all the toilet paper they stockpiled. :lolol:

What for? The virus doesn't give you dysentery.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just got back from Morrison's and it was absolutely deserted. Everything well stocked except loo roll and paracetamol. Maybe things have calmed down a bit.

mor.PNG

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That's not Morrison's [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] - that's your garage! Admit it! :rant:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We were down to two rolls of loo paper. I ordered some from Amazon, their own brand which even showing they were in stock gave a delivery date of 18th April. Bit of a panic walked into Waitrose in a local village. A friend is the butcher there, knowing my mrs is disabled he went out the back and brought out a pack of 20 rolls which they were instructed to hold back for the vulnerable. Many envious looks at I walked through the store. That evening daughter got home from work and they were shutting down she was given a 9 pack of toilet rolls by her boss (step mum).

This morning knock on the door, chap standing there with a huge bag of 72 rolls.

We now have a total of 101 left so if anyone is really in need and they live near to Hurst Green they can have some.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We were down to two rolls of loo paper. I ordered some from Amazon, their own brand which even showing they were in stock gave a delivery date of 18th April. Bit of a panic walked into Waitrose in a local village. A friend is the butcher there, knowing my mrs is disabled he went out the back and brought out a pack of 20 rolls which they were instructed to hold back for the vulnerable. Many envious looks at I walked through the store. That evening daughter got home from work and they were shutting down she was given a 9 pack of toilet rolls by her boss (step mum).

This morning knock on the door, chap standing there with a huge bag of 72 rolls.

We now have a total of 101 left so if anyone is really in need and they live near to Hurst Green they can have some.

Amazon delivery dates are all over the place

Jan 30, 2008

Just wash your arse after a crap, nothing to be ashamed of , you wont be the first one
Regards
DF

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wife has just been to Tescos Holmbush, hardly anyone there and fully stocked

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wife has just been to Tescos Holmbush, hardly anyone there and fully stocked

Hopefully things are getting back to normal now. I popped into our local Tesco Express at 9:55 last night, just before they closed, and I noticed they even had pasta sitting on the shelves - something I've not seen for a couple of weeks or so. The fresh produce looked pretty full as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can get through the payday scrummage then perhaps this will now calm down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The paracetamol/Calpol hoarding, still going on, is selfish and presents a danger to those who can’t get any.

Shop staff have told me that when their doors open at whatever o’clock, the same old early-birds every day, literally sprint to the paracetamol shelves to strip them bare within minutes.

Some t*ssers must have huge stockpiles at home, not giving a toss about everyone else.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The paracetamol/Calpol hoarding, still going on, is selfish and presents a danger to those who can’t get any.

Shop staff have told me that when their doors open at whatever o’clock, the same old early-birds every day, literally sprint to the paracetamol shelves to strip them bare within minutes.

Some t*ssers must have huge stockpiles at home, not giving a toss about everyone else.

The supermarkets could easily programme their tills to identify this behaviour (if a debit / credit card and or loyalty card is used when paying) and stop this at source by refusing the same transaction 2 days running. But they won't. They'd far rather spend their time sending me emails telling me how hard they are working to ensure the basics are in stock.

Similarly, why put a limit of x3 on a box of washing detergent when a box contains 24 capsuales? Who needs to buy enough for 72 washes in one visit?

Just to be clear. I don't blame the supermarkets for the selfish, pigheaded and ignorant behaviour of their customers. But I do wish they would do a little more to counteract it with the technology they have at their disposal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A limit of two boxes per person has been in force for years as a half hearted attempt so stop suicides (one box is enough to kill you if taken all at once anyway)
Why are supermarkets allowing this? Why not have them at the pharmacy counter and sell two boxes at a time manually?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They can only be buying 29 paracetamol pills in one go. They won’t be grabbing loads at one time, you simply can’t get away with it.
More likely the same people who need it regularly coming back to get two boxes a day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They can only be buying 29 paracetamol pills in one go. They won’t be grabbing loads at one time, you simply can’t get away with it.
More likely the same people who need it regularly coming back to get two boxes a day.

People who need it, like those with severe arthritis, get packs of 80, by prescription, from their doctors.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got back from Morrison's and it was absolutely deserted. Everything well stocked except loo roll and paracetamol. Maybe things have calmed down a bit.

View attachment 121416[/QUOTE
]
Worthing Morrisons pretty well stocked today. however, no bum wad, not much tinned veg, no bread flour or self raising despite a 2 per customer limit, not many eggs left and tea badly hit. Mrs V's Earl Grey tea was not unsurprisingly, fully stocked. Managed to buy a bottle of liquid soap though !

Edit: many items on a 2 per customer limit, even bottles of spirits !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

According to both ASDA and Sainsbury’s staff, families are queueing at 6am or whatever, grabbing their individual max of Calpol and paracetamol, then paying at separate tills. Then rinse and repeat, day after day.

Beggars belief, the absolute greed and selfishness.

We first got low in our medicine box about a month ago, before the panic, but found empty paracetamol based products shelves! It’s been the same ever since, I’ve tried all the main shops, small CoOps, petrol station supermarkets, pharmacies.

Their must be some right royal cnts with shelves of the stuff at home. Possibly some NSC’ers? :wanker:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to both ASDA and Sainsbury’s staff, families are queueing at 6am or whatever, grabbing their individual max of Calpol and paracetamol, then paying at separate tills. Then rinse and repeat, day after day.

We first got low in our medicine box about a month ago, before the panic, but found empty paracetamol based products shelves! It’s been the same ever since, I’ve tried all the main shops, small CoOps, petrol station supermarkets, pharmacies.

Their must be some right royal cnts with shelves of the stuff at home. Possibly some NSC’ers? :wanker:

I bought two boxes last Thursday at Morrisons Seaford. Maybe different areas have different greedy people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Ah! Yes, despicable behaviour.
I bought four boxes over two days as I get headaches on night shifts sometimes if suffering from shift-lag at the start or end of a shift rotation.
When I went to get them in Asda the shelf appeared empty but I got down on my haunches and both days there was a load of packets right at the back.
Clearly the hoarders are too stupid/lazy/fat to get down and have a look.
Anyway, do check next time, there was an untapped seam at the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here