Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
My local Tesco Express isn't too bad, but has run out of the staples e.g. eggs - but the greengrocers literally across the road has stacks of them, as well as plenty of pasta, cheese, milk and fully stocked with all of the fresh fruit and veg. I hate to be judgemental but it does show the sort of people who are panic buying, who wouldn't even consider going to a local shop.

I'm hoping this leads to more people shopping locally though. We use our greengrocers a lot already (cheaper than Tesco, much nicer/fresher, and much less plastic packaging), but have used a nearby butcher this week and I'd forgotten how much better their produce is than supermarket meat, it's lovely. Will definitely keep buying from them after this blows over.

Appreciate it's not always as affordable, but at the moment I'm spending much less (zero) on eating/drinking out so it's nice to enjoy what I'm eating in a bit more.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That video of the nurse coming off shift to buy dinner. Everyone on this thread who bought one more, just in case? And had a perfect reason for doing that (and there's plenty on here and I suspect more that haven't posted.)

You did that.

I hope you are proud (there really isn't an emoji that even comes close)
Surely this is the ultimate in virtue signalling from the person who never does anything wrong or for selfish motives. Whilst the said nurse had every right to be annoyed, folk on here also have every right not to be lectured by you, when you have no idea of individual circumstances.

Virtue signalling, WTF :shrug:

I'm just saying don't be a **** and don't try to justify being a ****. Sorry if I hit a nerve.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I vaguely remember a long time ago we used to eat something called an egg.

Tried to buy some today ( for nostalgia purposes ) but it seems supermarkets haven't had any available in living memory.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Popped out to an Asda at about 8.30. Things seem to be returning to a sense of normalcy. Security guy on the door controlling people trying to pile in, which was not needed as it was a reasonable, steady flow of people being courteous to one another.
On the whole shelves were fairly well stocked, got most of what I was looking for.
Frozen food still almost empty and no toilet roll etc. But plenty of tins, tuna, beans etc.

They certainly have a lot more work to do and they really need to sort the toilet roll and cleaning products out. Also could do enforcing some distancing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was a bit worried about this weekend, was fairly low on some stuff.

10am went to the little deli / veg shop at Squires in Washington, was fine. Loads of meat, veg, milk, eggs (carton 6 per person)

Had to go to John Lewis in Horsham and it was dead. Thought we’d go round Waitrose next door as my brother was really struggling to get much. Except eggs, fresh chicken and toilet roll the pretty much had everything. Well stocked, long dates and fresh. Shop wasn’t that busy. Car park was only about 1/3rd full too.

Should be good until back end of next week now - although I do have a Tesco slot booked so not sure what I’ll do with that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG_20200321_073228.jpg

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Just wanted to take this opportunity to really thank (sorry but not willing to risk hand shaking) the stockpilers.

We are now running low on most items including the basics and this morning ended up with a delivery of three yes THREE items despite this being the first delivery we have managed to receive in a week. Still dry taco shells and a lasagne for one between us should be beneficial to our waist lines.

So as high category high risk individuals one of us will have to risk coming out (no not in that way!) and touring numerous shops, hope we can get something to eat AND get home safely.

FFS you sad selfish idiots JUST STOP. I hope your huge piles are replicated in your behinds and that ALL of your valued prizes go off well before you can add another 5 stones and 4 inches to your waistlines.

.....and breath.......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just wanted to take this opportunity to really thank (sorry but not willing to risk hand shaking) the stockpilers.

We are now running low on most items including the basics and this morning ended up with a delivery of three yes THREE items despite this being the first delivery we have managed to receive in a week. Still dry taco shells and a lasagne for one between us should be beneficial to our waist lines.

So as high category high risk individuals one of us will have to risk coming out (no not in that way!) and touring numerous shops, hope we can get something to eat AND get home safely.

FFS you sad selfish idiots JUST STOP. I hope your huge piles are replicated in your behinds and that ALL of your valued prizes go off well before you can add another 5 stones and 4 inches to your waistlines.

.....and breath.......

Where are you?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Where are you?

East Midlands - just outside Kettering in a village with no local shops.

We’ll cope I’m sure but some people really need to hang their heads in shame.

Real positive is that we had restocked (normal stock) on food for our 2 shepherds last week.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Should have "hoarded" a pack of toilet rolls...

Currently contemplating if I'd rather have Stephen King or Jiro Akagawa up my ass.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Real positive is that we had restocked (normal stock) on food for our 2 shepherds last week.

Fair enough - a bit too far for me to drop some stuff off.

Best of luck - sorry I can't help.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Fair enough - a bit too far for me to drop some stuff off.

Best of luck - sorry I can't help.

Bless you. Not what looking for by posting. Just hoping somehow the message gets out to the selfish ones - although I am prob wasting my time posting on here as am sure no of us on this site would lower ourselves to deprive those on the front line - nurses, doctors and the like - bless each and every one of these for the risks they are taking. If anyone knows nurses etc - make sure they have what they need - SHARE.

A frustrated Salty.

(P.S [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - sorry to use your site as my soapbox xx)

#letsworktogether

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£1bn worth of extra food in peoples homes in the last 2 weeks. Disgusting.

Seems absurd, where are people storing it and how can they afford it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Truly disgusting behaviour by many.

Those with particular food needs are having their food taken by selfish ********s. Try and get any gluten free food, none available due to them being bought up. This will seriously hurt some people.

They should limit people to a certain amount ie £150 per visit and a 1 hour limit on car parks. i'll happily patrol the car parks letting air out of the tyres charging £100 to pump them up again

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

.....and breath.......

What village are you in? I’m not far from you so can help out if required?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

30 minutes from me. Please feel free to PM if I can help in any way whether it be try and get some bits you need or what I can spare from our house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here