Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The toilet roll aisle in the Runcorn Asda is now stuffed with unsold Easter Eggs.

Strange how priorities can change so quick.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Storrington Waitrose like a War Zone (yes Storrington!) people filling trolleys at 9AM, where the **** are they putting all this stuff they are hoarding?

As the Doors said Strange Days...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Two out of the three cash machines in my small town were out of order today. Surely panic cash isn't the next thing?

Now down to under one toilet roll - next delivery Tuesday. Have managed to source some kitchen roll, and I have some sharp scissors.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Legalised stealing , will the selfish ***** please stand up
Regards
DF

In a moral sense, yes. Stealing from the elderly and vulnerable.

The first and only thumbs up I'm ever likely to give you. :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Walking home from the seafront yesterday I spotted bags of PASTA in one of those 24/7 shops. I have not seen bags of pasta for weeks! They were 1KG bags. I bought one. I don't need 1KG, I don't want 1KG, but what else am I supposed to do?

The general, moronic public are behaving as if flesh eating zombies are about to invade FFS!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Funny how here all the pasta and pasta sauces are vanishing, but the Asian and curry sauces are being left relatively alone.
I would rather have a good ruby over a pasta dish any day.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just been emailing a colleague in our Czech Republic office and Covid-19 came up. He sent me this:

A couple of weeks ago, someone came up with the idea that you could make your own protective mask from a vacuum cleaner bag, they put it on the main news and 15 minutes later all e-shops with vacuum cleaner bags collapsed

:lolol: :facepalm:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The problem now is that those in need of supplies will be accused of stockpiling - precisely because they didn't stock pile earlier. Hopefully the limited number of items will take effect to some degree but taking Hailsham as an example, I could go to Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Iceland and Costcutter - all with 200 yards of each other. Then add in the other Costcutter, Tesco Express and Co-Op, and people can still buy more than they need. And that is presupposing that stores stop people buying stuff and going around again. About time the security guards in these places actually start doing something useful.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just whizzed round a few shops to see what was available - needed bananas, strawberries, grapes, mushrooms and cheese and, most vitally, some sort of veggie burger for Fun Food Friday.

I managed to pickup the bananas, mushrooms and cheese in the two Co-ops close to Durrington station, as well as the solitary last pack of frozen veggie burgers. I then remembered there is a greengrocer in the Strand parade of shops so stopped there where they had all manner of fruit and veg, including a fair few things I've never seen before! Got the strawberries and grapes at prices under what we usually pay in Tesco, and picked up some blueberries for my snacking too.

The cheese in Co-op was small packs, priced at something like £2.20 each or two for £3.00. WIthout thinking I picked up four packs before I thought better of myself and put two back. I don't need four packs of cheese today, even if they're not very big. We've all got to act like this to give everyone a chance.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
if anyones desperate for bread.....
CFC8AB69-29E8-4E68-99E8-DF7BFDD5612C.jpeg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From data generated by loyalty cards the supermarkets MUST know who is bulk buying, based on their normal spending patterns. (You can guarantee that the majority of these hoarders will be using their Club Cards etc every time they strip the shelves).

I'd love the supermarkets to contact these people and ask them to modify their behaviour or risk having their credit / debit cards blocked at the tills, permanently. Sure, they could just pay cash instead, but it might make them think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here