Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Bovian
This is the quandry isn't it. We haven't stockpiled in any shape or form - but I went to get muesli, toilet roll and digestive biscuits at lunch today, because we have pretty much none left in the house. I came back empty handed. So tomorrow when I go, I will almost certainly buy an extra packet (if there are any) so that we don't get caught short again.

Weststander
The same here, I’ve started playing the game of buying slightly too much of essentials, in case they’re sold out on subsequent shops.

Welcome to the real world.

How long has this stockpiling been going on ? I think I've done two shops now where there has been no toilet rolls/pasta. We always tend to buy 24 packs of toilet rolls in the house and bought one a couple of shops ago before this started, and I am now onto the wholewheat spaghetti and noodles from the back of the larder.

I reckon it's been about two weeks, so shirley every dumb f***er who is doing it must have their stockpile nearly full by now. There has to come a point soon where supermarkets restock their shelves not to have them immediately emptied again, doesn't there ? If not, I am going to stop eating pasta and wiping my arse because I'm buggered if I'm going to join in with this complete f***wittery :annoyed:

But it's also the knock-on effect on those of us who haven't stock-piled. I'm now 'WFH' so popped out to the Co-op much earlier than I normally would. Once I had navigated the hordes of over-70s all standing about three inches away from each other, I found that not only are there no loo rolls (down to just under one in the house now) - but there is a sign saying 'next delivery expected Tuesday 24th March'. So, all those like me who haven't stockpiled will now be totally out, and will have to be there to get some on Tuesday morning. So, they will then run out again by 8am......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How long has this stockpiling been going on ? I think I've done two shops now where there has been no toilet rolls/pasta. We always tend to buy 24 packs of toilet rolls in the house and bought one a couple of shops ago before this started, and I am now onto the wholewheat spaghetti and noodles from the back of the larder.

I reckon it's been about two weeks, so shirley every dumb f***er who is doing it must have their stockpile nearly full by now. There has to come a point soon where supermarkets restock their shelves not to have them immediately emptied again, doesn't there ? If not, I am going to stop eating pasta and wiping my arse because I'm buggered if I'm going to join in with this complete f***wittery :annoyed:

My guess is that the initial hoarders a few weeks back took everything they wanted and more.

With far more people gradually joining in since then, on finding empty shelves and items sought missing. Meaning the shelves remain empty when we appear.

If this continues, I’ll have to set the alarm early to join a long queue outside one of Brighton/Hove’s supermarkets pretty soon. A bore, but there’s four of us and we’re running low on groceries.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Away from the food the non availability of paracetamol for both adults and children is a concern given the need to control the fever if you catch this.

We like to think times like this show up the best examples in society but truth be told most people are just selfish c***s

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Popped into Asda an hour ago as couldn't get into the Tesco car park. Warning notices about staff abuse.

Complete and utter carnage . Things turning slightly nasty ,a really bad atmosphere all the usual stuff gone, no milk, eggs, meat, hardly any bread, beer aisle looking like Leeds had popped in on an away day - only a few fancy lagers remaining.

Tesco yesterday was similar but at 2pm.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A friend of mine on Facebook just shared a video - he works in security at Sainsburys and was on the door this morning. He had to give the elderly 7am-8am to go in the shop and the scenes he describes are thoroughly depressing. A lot of 20-30 year olds pushing in, arguing with old people. 40 year olds 'pretending' that some random old person was a relative. People trying to force their way in despite being told to come back after 8am.

What a bunch of cretins. Is this what society has become?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
A friend of mine on Facebook just shared a video - he works in security at Sainsburys and was on the door this morning. He had to give the elderly 7am-8am to go in the shop and the scenes he describes are thoroughly depressing. A lot of 20-30 year olds pushing in, arguing with old people. 40 year olds 'pretending' that some random old person was a relative. People trying to force their way in despite being told to come back after 8am.

Absolute scum of the earth

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Libraries are shutting, all loans not due back until June now. I’ve just panicked borrowed my card maximum of 20 books (thrillers), which I can’t imagine being an issue on here because no one uses libraries any more :smile:

Seaford Tesco Express shut for 20 minutes for a delivery earlier, loads of pasta etc, a swarm of locusts quickly descended.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Another example of broken britain. It’s a long haul back

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I asked a manager at ASDA Hollingbury today, what’s it like when they open at 6 each morning. The answer: “Huge football like crowds each day, and there’ve been several fist fights between shoppers”.

Going late morning I missed out on quite few bits, I’ll try again another day, but how ridiculous to start punching someone over some groceries.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Del Boy is alive and well, £2 per roll.

What amazes me. people BUYING from him.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18317338.coronavirus-sussex-man-sells-toilet-paper-2-roll-driveway/

Capture.JPG

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Morrisons earlier, one half full trolley in the aisle had 5 x 4 packs of baked beans in it, the trolley owner elsewhere. Was very tempted to take a couple of them out and return them to the scantly stocked baked bean shelf.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here