Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Kind of.

A number of bars and restaurants are selling future-use vouchers. The idea being they get some money now to keep them going. I’m now buying some vouchers each and every week....the idea being I’ll have piles of these things when normality arrives and I’ll be going balls deep in all my favourite bars and restaurants. I feel good about myself, restaurants and bars get some cash-flow, and i then engage in a brutal onslaught of food and drink in the afterworld.....what’s not to like? Aside from my waistline and a few internal organs everyone’s a winner.

Let’s hope the bars and restaurants are still in business when you are able to attempt to redeem your vouchers. It’s a great idea though and I would happily do the same if available over here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My local Tesco Express (there are no independent stores in Findon Valley) was out of all the most sought after items today...

Pasta, rice (couple of bags of risotto rice left), eggs, tinned veg (other than the black beans they have every day and, new in hearts of palm - £2.47/can), eggs, bog roll, paracetamol and soap.

Fruit and veg section largely decimated - the panic-buyers has been ignoring fresh produce previously and little in the freezer section either.

Still 2 packs of 5 Cadbury eggs (Creme, Caramel and Oreo) for £3 wasn’t to be sniffed at.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just shows how (over ?) populated Sussex has become. These bottlenecks you are experiencing just aren’t happening up here to anything like the same extent.

If only he had a " Bottleneck" , his bum wad requirement would not be so desperate.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
ed737038f4f1934839597fa2fa429bdb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let’s hope the bars and restaurants are still in business when you are able to attempt to redeem your vouchers. It’s a great idea though and I would happily do the same if available over here.

It is available in at least on place in the UK, one of the vouchers is for Cin Cin.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dispatch from the frontline.

Just back from Tesco, Saffron Walden and what a ****ing sad state of affairs. I thought they were putting measures in place to stop the greedy, chavvy, selfish twats that walk large in our society from stripping the shelves bare?

So after a day at work I was unable to purchase:

Any vegetables
Any fruit
Any milk
Any eggs
Any lavatory paper
Any bread
Any pasta
Any rice
Any canned produce, except Del Monte fruit salad
Any washing detergents

...plus loads of other stuff too numerous to mention

It's like living in 1980s Soviet Union. I keep reading that the supermarkets are getting a grip on this but the reality paints a different picture.

Selfish ***** are everywhere, sadly.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just got an email from Tesco:

From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.
In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.
To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock, and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm.
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can, to pay by card.
To help free up slots for the more vulnerable, such as our elderly customers and those who are self-isolating, we are encouraging customers who shop online or choose Click+Collect for their grocery home shopping, to prioritise shopping in-store where possible.
To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop in-store, we will prioritise one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am (except in our Express stores) and ask that you respect this.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Dispatch from the frontline.

Just back from Tesco, Saffron Walden and what a ****ing sad state of affairs. I thought they were putting measures in place to stop the greedy, chavvy, selfish twats that walk large in our society from stripping the shelves bare?

So after a day at work I was unable to purchase:

Any vegetables
Any fruit
Any milk
Any eggs
Any lavatory paper
Any bread
Any pasta
Any rice
Any canned produce, except Del Monte fruit salad
Any washing detergents

...plus loads of other stuff too numerous to mention

It's like living in 1980s Soviet Union. I keep reading that the supermarkets are getting a grip on this but the reality paints a different picture.

Selfish ***** are everywhere, sadly.

On the upside there is still plenty of toothpaste available...!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes.

It is stupid, pathetic, weak, and every other adjective I can think of, but it got to stage of "everyone else has already stripped the shelves virtually bare, so if I don't get something now, there won't be anything left by the time I actually need it. **** it."

How am I supposed to feed the cat if some other ******* has hoovered up every tin and package in sight.

I am ashamed.

(PS - you try stockpiling using a Toyota Aygo. It only holds two bags)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just got an email from Tesco:

From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.
In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.
To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock, and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm.
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can, to pay by card.
To help free up slots for the more vulnerable, such as our elderly customers and those who are self-isolating, we are encouraging customers who shop online or choose Click+Collect for their grocery home shopping, to prioritise shopping in-store where possible.
To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop in-store, we will prioritise one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am (except in our Express stores) and ask that you respect this.

Fell foul of similar at Asda, whereby they will only allow you 3 of any item.

Wanted to purchase some small cans of Sprite, which are in their 5 for £1.50 offer, but could only buy 3... got round it by buying 3 sugar free cans and 2 full sugar! Meanwhile I could have bought 3 packs of 24 cans of Pepsi Max...

Don’t think the supermarkets have got this quite right yet, but at least they are trying, but clearly failing!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes.

It is stupid, pathetic, weak, and every other adjective I can think of, but it got to stage of "everyone else has already stripped the shelves virtually bare, so if I don't get something now, there won't be anything left by the time I actually need it. **** it."

How am I supposed to feed the cat if some other ******* has hoovered up every tin and package in sight.

I am ashamed.

(PS - you try stockpiling using a Toyota Aygo. It only holds two bags)

Initially I read that as stockpiling Toyota Aygos, and thought “why would anyone do that”?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just got an email from Tesco:"To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line..."

I get this, and saw the signs on the empty ****ing shelves to the same effect.

But who needs x3 boxes of washing tablets and x3 bottles of fabric conditioner on one visit? I couldn't even get ONE.

*****, the lot of them. ****ing chavvy, selfish *****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here