Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sad thing is with government talking up a lockdown, this will happen.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I will be if we end up with a no-deal Brexit, as seems likely. Bound to be chaos at the borders for a few weeks at least......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hearing some suggestions that the second wave of bog roll and pasta hoarding is under way.

I was in Lidl Friday for some bits and pieces, been no plain boring Spaghetti for the last couple of weeks. Baked Beans had been slaughtered too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Stupid people.

I live within walking distance of three major supermarkets but use Amazon Prime Now couple of times a month (which is basically Morrisons) to buy stuff I don't want to carry. They also deliver same day.

No slots at all, which says to me people are panicing already. No worries, I know all the local hero shops now.

Supermarkets were also very very busy lunchtime for a sunny Sunday.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hearing some suggestions that the second wave of bog roll and pasta hoarding is under way.

I'm currently now doing the weekly shop on a Sunday morning and hoarding was definitely evident earlier amongst some other shoppers in Morrisons first thing today. I will reiterate though it was some doing so and by no means all.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But looking on the bright side, a nice early start to stockpiling for the Covid second wave means there'll be time to restock the shelves before No deal Brexit stockpiling starts :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hopefully supermarkets will really stop and shame the selfish stockpilers this time. Empty shelves was the most stressful part of the lockdown.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Given the abundance of the loons that have appeared over the last few years, this doesn't surprise me one bit. To be honest, I bet they secretly get off on all this stockpiling - makes them feel like true survivalists, when in fact they're just clueless, selfish wankers.

Given the abundance of the loons that have appeared over the last few years, this doesn't surprise me one bit. To be honest, I bet they secretly get off on all this stockpiling - makes them feel like true survivalists, when in fact they're just clueless, selfish wankers.

A bloke I work with has done this. Openly admitted to stockpiling, said it saved him from getting a chance of catching Covid and meant he didnt have to shop for months. He did get it from a cash and carry, but still, it just shows the each to their own attitude.

He also thinks this is all a big joke and believes that 5G has a part to play, there were going to be riots and the vaccine will have microchips in them...as you can tell, blokes a tosser.

He said he's going to stockpile again if we go back to the previous lockdown, something which won't happen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Came in to work this morning and they are already stopping people buy over 2 of certain items to try and avoid a repeat of earlier this year.

Mad *****

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
ALDI Portslade was packed this morning, long queues at the tills. Normally I breeze through. A queue to get into the car park.

Hadn’t seen that since May.

Used to quite enjoy the ceremony of that. Listen to podcasts in the queue in the sun. Wave as if you're a celebrity and compliment the member of staff when they wave you in. Then realise there's **** all way of avoiding people down the aisles, especially when people treat plucking a tin of beans from a shelf as if it's a competitive sport. Big bag of sugar for 40p. Wash yer hands in the toilet by Portslade station. Eat immediately, feel giddy, look forward to the next visit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
ALDI Portslade was packed this morning, long queues at the tills. Normally I breeze through. A queue to get into the car park.

Hadn’t seen that since May.

I tend to go at 7.30 in the morning to that Aldi because I can run round get everything in my trolley and have it at the till for when they properly open at 8am. Rarely more than half a dozen people in there at that time in the morning. Today completely different - queues at the tills four deep at 8am - and many people clearly stockpiling toilet roll and pasta. Here we go again !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I tend to go at 7.30 in the morning to that Aldi because I can run round get everything in my trolley and have it at the till for when they properly open at 8am. Rarely more than half a dozen people in there at that time in the morning. Today completely different - queues at the tills four deep at 8am - and many people clearly stockpiling toilet roll and pasta. Here we go again !

I got there at 9. Same story.

You’ve reminded me ..... I forgot to stockpile pasta :(

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The supermarkets need to get a grip on this quickly this time and put product restrictions back in now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here