Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone halted their boycott of the Goldstone Retail Park since the Amex opened

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Not hard for me to Boycott not living in the area however I still boycott any store that is or ever has been open on there where ever they are.

I have no current intention of stopping this they aided and abetted thieves I try my best not to associate with criminals.

I am getting married though and I suspect there may come pressure to stop this sillyness.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
For me it's a grave. And I don't walk on graves.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I'm in a minority then because since we've had the Amex I have started popping in for a Whopper Meal if I'm feeling a bit peckish.

Until the Amex I had observed an absolute 100% boycott of the area, never driving past and never looking from the train.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes,I had many happy....some depressing moments at the Goldstone since the 50s... but looking through the rose coloured spectacles the real happy times stood out..........but they are just memories...at the time I was horrified to find we were losing the hallowed ground but then with the benefit of hindsight I wondered what would have happened if we had stayed there. We could'nt build up the East side,we could'nt expand in any direction...what sort of ground would we have? I now look at the Amex and how much we had to go through to get it, so as much as I hated the terrible three...just a little of me says a very small thank you...but my real thanks are for Dick Knight for saving the club and an almighty thank you to Tony Bloom.....Amex....one of the finest stadiums in the country. And no have never been to the old Goldstone retail park.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Been to comet only because friend works there and gives me good deals on stuff....laptop TV etc etc. JJB stores are just shit so no need and DFS is overpriced and the salesmen piss me right off so dont go in there.

Oh and I dont have a pet so pets at home no need although I have a 3 year old son and his friends at playschool have been telling him wonders of toys r us so I may be pestered soon!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Once the Amex was up and running I went to Toys R us with the kids and proceeded to bore shitless anybody willing to listen with whereabouts on the pitch/stand they were standing.To be honest it did bring a real pang of sadness being there.

Camicus

Not for me far to early to forgive and forget I shall end my boycott of the site and its stores in 2070 or my hundreth bithday

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I didn't go until well after the Amex was opened, I always told myself that was the rule. It was Toys R Us for the kids, though I have since come to realise it may be big, but it's a bit rubbish.

The surreal part was that just as I was standing at the checkout feeling awkward, I realised I was standing behind Adam El Abd in the queue. Now that was even weirder...

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The deal I made with myself was that I would only go there once we had our own new permanent home. My personal boycott is over. However since I started that boycott I moved from Hove to Worthing so it's just not somewhere I'd go anyway now

Aug 9, 2008
I always said I would go passed there once I had set foot in our own permanent home but I've not been there in over 15 years. So I don't see the point in ever going back.

Nope.

I find this thread rather distressing, since it seems to be telling me what shops are trading there. I don't want to know.

Is there really a Toys Я Us there? I thought that was just a jibe hurled at us by Palace fans.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nope and although I'm not that side of Brighton much my mum drives past at least once a month and has been under strict instruction that it's off limits. She has no interest in football but even told some random at her work that he shouldn't go there the other week because to paraphrase "that's where they stole Brighton's football home from"....... :thumbsup: good old girl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here