Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Going To World Cup?

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
The Argus wants to build up a database of Sussex footie fans planning trips to England World Cup games.
Are any big groups of workmates/drinking buddies/sunday league teams going out en-masse for a jolly-boys tour?
Is anyone paying massive amounts of money/going to extreme lengths/risking divorce just to go and watch England probably whimper out in the early group stages?
We want to feature as many people as possible in a spread before the World Cup kicks off and build up some contacts so we can get some live reaction from Germany before and after the games.
Please PM me if you can help.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
sussexfatboy said:
Is anyone paying massive amounts of money/going to extreme lengths/risking divorce just to go and watch England probably whimper out in the early group stages?
Yes, but as you put it like that you obviously A) don't give a shit and B) aren't a football fan.
So you can f*** right off.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Anyone Going To World Cup?

Billy the Fish said:
Yes, but as you put it like that you obviously A) don't give a shit and B) aren't a football fan.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Im going, not on a jolly up.
I am going for a sophisticated, cultured tour of germany, sampling the local cuisine and local way of life

before ruining it with loads of engerland fans, drinking fosters in irish bars going mad when we cant find a KFC and have to eat foreign muck

seriously, im going but not going out there til the 2nd round so i can report from the 2nd round game against germany and the quarter final against argentina

dont mention the war, and i'll have one colditz salad

marvellous scenes!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm working for every single England game, even if we get to the final :(

They've even cancelled three of my rest days in order to provide adequate cover for the city while the World Cup's on.

Now why can't you football fans just behave yourselves so other people can watch the game in peace.

;)

PS if we get to the final, think of me while you're getting mullered in the pub and shouting at Ronaldinho on the big screen.

I'll be the one standing grumpily outside the Walkabout and wishing I supported Wales or Scotland.

Oh arse, it's not quite that bad, is it? :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
edna krabappel said:
I'm working for every single England game, even if we get to the final :(

They've even cancelled three of my rest days in order to provide adequate cover for the city while the World Cup's on.

Now why can't you football fans just behave yourselves so other people can watch the game in peace.

;)

PS if we get to the final, think of me while you're getting mullered in the pub and shouting at Ronaldinho on the big screen.

I'll be the one standing grumpily outside the Walkabout and wishing I supported Wales or Scotland.

Oh arse, it's not quite that bad, is it? :lolol:

:lolol: I somehow always assumed that coppers had absolutley no interest in football.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
:lolol: I somehow always assumed that coppers had absolutley no interest in football.

I can assure you there are plenty of miffed coppers about in Sussex Police's World Cup-Free-Zone at the moment

:lolol:

I thought about sneaking around the city, trying to avoid hearing the scores so I could watch the highlights late at night. But somehow I doubt that'd work

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably the Argus is assisting the police trying to build up a database of those fans going to the World Cup.

How naiive do you think people really are ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
well it could be I guess.

But there are far too many ways of people getting to Germany for the local police forces in this country to keep track. And the sort of happy soul that wants to write their World Cup diary in the Argus is hardly likely to then start lobbing paving stones at the German Polizei, IMHO.

Yes, there are football intelligence officers all over the UK.

But they're more interested in stopping the better known pieces of pond life from travelling than banning everyone else who wants a bit of a holiday and a good time. Which is why most of the known troublemakers have to surrender their passports before all England away games.

Even with my limited knowledge, BH, I doubt Sussex Police in particular would have either the time or the inclination to come up with a ruse like that just to get a few names!

They'd just stand around at the airport ticket queues and ferry ports if it was really that important.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
edna krabappel said:
They'd just stand around at the airport ticket queues and ferry ports if it was really that important.

Yep, I know one that has done that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd rather watch it in a pub here. The beer is better and you save hundreds.

Dandyman

In London village.
Quite right, Mendoza old boy, we will be marvelling at ancient university towns, exchanging views on the lasting vibrancy of Beethoven, discussing the cultural impact of Goethe and then chasing those Hun bastards round the back streets of Stuttgart.

*DISCLAIMER* parts of this post may be ironic.

Last edited:

Coopers Right Arm

Jul 28, 2004
Re: Re: Anyone Going To World Cup?

Billy the Fish said:

Quite, anyone with an ounce of sense knows the press are a bunch of cocks and will go to any lengths to sell papers.

I can imagine Mr Journo's interview will go something like this:

Hack: So do you think England have a chance?

Mug: Well yeah they hav....

J: ....Thats great, so you think they'll be loads and loads of trouble??

Mr Journo I very much doubt you'll get anyone wanting to take up your offer especially as it's England we're talking about.

I suggest you stop being a lazy bastard and get out in the field and do some actual work.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dandyman said:
Quite right, Mendoza old boy, we will be marvelling at ancient university towns, exchanging views on the lasting vibrancy of Beethoven, discussing the cultural impact of Goethe and then chasing those Hun bastards round the back streets of Stuttgart.

*DISCLAIMER* parts of this post may be ironic.

I will be in the beer kellar by the hotel, then the one next to that, then the one next to that etc etc....

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
I will be in the beer kellar by the hotel, then the one next to that, then the one next to that etc etc....

There were ten German pints on the table...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here