Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Downing Street Protests?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Relying on state handouts! - That's the spirit. Why be responsible?

Oh p1ss off you tart,paid taxes all my life and the pension I get was paid for by them
three of my mates got a private pension in the thatcher years, all ended up unemployed (building trade al of them) and had to cash them in to live ........................................good thing I never bothered then

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh p1ss off you tart,paid taxes all my life and the pension I get was paid for by them
three of my mates got a private pension in the thatcher years, all ended up unemployed (building trade al of them) and had to cash them in to live ........................................good thing I never bothered then

Don't bite. The State pension is not a handout, everyone knows that.

I am surprised you didn't pay into a pension fund when you were a prison officer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
he put it in a foriegn bank IS THAT IN DISPUTE why not put it in a british bank
my gripe is his father made money from it and supported his family with the money he made in a foreign bank

So he puts his money in Santander, acceptable or not.

By your requirements this is not acceptable as it is not a British bank. So the many UK citizens that have money invested with Santander or mortgages are all in the wrong according to you, or are there a different set of rules at play here, which only you know about.

What has his fathers actions got to do anything, he can not be held responsible for what his parents did or didn't do.

If we are mow saying that children should be held responsible for their parents actions then I will leave you to live in that society and I will go elsewhere as i would expect most other people would do.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for Blairmore, it has been reported that it was set up in Panama so that it would never have to pay tax in the UK on it's profits.

mis-reported, its told as if this is the purpose. no one seems to want to acknowledge or even enquire about is whether UK taxes would be due or not. if you invest in assets abroad, would you expect any taxes on profits or capital gains to be applied by HMRC or were the assets are located? yes, i know that chains of companies can be used to hide where income and capital gains occur, but theres little to suggest this is the case here with a single company that, when units were sold, was declared to the HMRC. i may be wrong, but so far is there any evidence that Blairmore held UK assets on which it should have been paying UK taxes? or is this all just inference from media and us the ill informed and prejudiced public?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
no I have not got a private pension, but if I did have one it would be in this country

So how would you ensure that, given that when you are paying into a pension, the funds are invested in all asset types and not just in the UK. You really haven't got an understanding of this have you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Strictly speaking it was NI contributions that paid for your pension, but why worry about getting the facts wrong again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So how would you ensure that, given that when you are paying into a pension, the funds are invested in all asset types and not just in the UK. You really haven't got an understanding of this have you.

A lot of pension funds are invested overseas.

My ex worked in Saudi for two years for British Aerospace. All expats were tax exempt because their leave meant they were only in the UK for so many days. It's very common.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So he puts his money in Santander, acceptable or not.

By your requirements this is not acceptable as it is not a British bank. So the many UK citizens that have money invested with Santander or mortgages are all in the wrong according to you, or are there a different set of rules at play here, which only you know about.

What has his fathers actions got to do anything, he can not be held responsible for what his parents did or didn't do.

If we are mow saying that children should be held responsible for their parents actions then I will leave you to live in that society and I will go elsewhere as i would expect most other people would do.

not exceptable to me, my small amount is in the co-operative (pretty ethical if you disclude the last boss, this one is pretty good taken a pay drop because he has plenty of time off now he is putting the business right).
santander=spanish ..........................whats going to happen when we leave the European union
childern should be made responible for their parent actions when the parents are still alive or said children have gained from the parents business
where you going?

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

No, pensions are paid by today's and tomorrows kids You paid for someone elses pension. I can look at todays kids in the eye with a clear conscience, I contribute more than I takeout and will as long as I can. I call it integrity.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Strictly speaking it was NI contributions that paid for your pension, but why worry about getting the facts wrong again.
paid those as well
what I do know is my father never bought me a house, education ect this is probably because he paid his taxes here like I did he paid his NI as well as I did, my father would have never thought about putting money into a foreign bank.
my father was straight as a die
dave cannot say that can he otherwise he would have told us all on monday what was going on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, pensions are paid by today's and tomorrows kids You paid for someone elses pension. I can look at todays kids in the eye with a clear conscience, I contribute more than I takeout and will as long as I can. I call it integrity.

good for you
sleep easy then

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
thats not quite correct, as i understand it. Carr used a system common among freelancers and contractors to have earnings paid to an offshore company. they pay local taxes and repatriate the cash in such a way to reduce tax to a few %. it could be seen as agressive avoidance because they could instead use UK based Ltd shell and pay more that way. Cameron has put money in an off shore trust and when selling the shares paid CGT on the increased value. and then the family have reduced their IHT on Cameron Snr dieing and leaving a substantial estate.

what Cameron should probably have done is been a shade less bombastic about use of offshore accounts or companies when he's been using things that look similar to the uninitated public. as an ex PR person and politican he's been guilty of getting caught out on the charge of hypocrisy.

Well I still fail to see the hypocrisy. Cameron declared the gain made from the offshore fund on his tax return. If it had been over the personal CGT allowance, he would have paid tax. What Jimmy Carr did was nothing like that whatsoever - he deliberately did what he did to avoid paying tax in the UK.

The issue is whether he paid tax on his income or not. He did. All Cameron seems to be guilty of so far is making some money on an overseas fund and having rich parents, one of whom ran a dodgy investment fund in Panama. Hardly DC's fault.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
then why did he put it in there in the first place
not beyond my grasp that he put it in a foriegn bank IS THAT IN DISPUTE why not put it in a british bank

it wasnt in a foreign bank, it was in a foreign company. why do you insist on everything being held in British banks, if you have a pension fund it will own companies that hold foreign assets (unless you've picked a very carefully selected UK only fund) so you will be a beneficiary of non-British banking and investments. people may use off shore accounts to hold off shore assets, thats the message that seems to be beyond everyones grasp.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it wasnt in a foreign bank, it was in a foreign company. why do you insist on everything being held in British banks, if you have a pension fund it will own companies that hold foreign assets (unless you've picked a very carefully selected UK only fund) so you will be a beneficiary of non-British banking and investments. people may use off shore accounts to hold off shore assets, thats the message that seems to be beyond everyones grasp.

no pension fund
and I bank with the co-op

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
think ive worked out whats really going on here

tax laws can be used legally by everyone except if you went to Eton cause that means you are dead posh and everyone knows posh is a crime

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
no pension fund
and I bank with the co-op

you said earlier you had a private pension, and the co-op is hardly a paragon of ethics, having to been found to be one of (if not the) worst run bank with non-compliance and misconduct beyond the headlines around the CEO.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A thread full of smug, sanctimonious, self-righteous hypocracy.

PS - if I had enough money, I would be doing everything I could to minimise my tax liability to keep it out of the hands of the state and to retain as much as possible. So there!!!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
not exceptable to me, my small amount is in the co-operative (pretty ethical if you disclude the last boss, this one is pretty good taken a pay drop because he has plenty of time off now he is putting the business right).
santander=spanish ..........................whats going to happen when we leave the European union
childern should be made responible for their parent actions when the parents are still alive or said children have gained from the parents business
where you going?

You really are away with the looney left.
So children must be responsible for their oarents actions while thw parents are alive. So lets take this to its logical conclusion. A parent commits a crime and by your logic both the patent and child must be punished.
In terms of Santander I can only hope you fully follow your xenophobic views fully and never shop at Aldi or Liddles.

As for where Im going as far away as possible from the closed minded as possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here