Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Beer Festival

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
thought about it, then found out they were advertising lager?
whats lager doing at a beer festival??:eek:

It's not a proper (ie CAMRA style) beer festival. Will have Fosters, Strongbow and all that muck. Shame, I like it when idiot lager/wine drinkers turn up at beer festivals and have a confused look on their face when they don't recognise anything being sold. My favourite was the first Old Market beer festival a couple of years back, when two yuppy couples bought tickets and tokens and within 5 seconds of stepping through the door, both women told their partners that they didn't like beer. "They do sell sherry, don't they?" said one.
:)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yeah, ill give it a miss. There doesn't seem to be anything I can't drink around Brighton. I'll wait for a proper festivals. Hanover's (haha my phone just corrected it to hangovers) festival is soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall be dropping by at some point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, ill give it a miss. There doesn't seem to be anything I can't drink around Brighton. I'll wait for a proper festivals. Hanover's (haha my phone just corrected it to hangovers) festival is soon.

It does seem a bit strange that InBev are there, peddling lagers you will find in any pub. But MyBrewerytap are also present who will be carrying the mighty Brewdog amongst others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm taking my dad along on Friday for the day as 90s britpop band Dodgy are playing there. Plus I hear beer festivals offer a plentiful supply of.. er... beer :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm taking my dad along on Friday for the day as 90s britpop band Dodgy are playing there. Plus I hear beer festivals offer a plentiful supply of.. er... beer :D

I have to say, Dodgy were awful the first time round. I don't think they'll have improved with age.

thought about it, then found out they were advertising lager?
whats lager doing at a beer festival??:eek:

Why shouldn't there be lager at a beer festival. Just because the lager that most people are used to drinking is mass produced chemical crap doesn't mean that there are not some damn good cask real lagers out there brewed in the traditional manner. Remember, CAMRA has nothing against lager as such. It is the chemical slop beer that is unwelcome.

In fact if I go to a oub and they have a real lager, hand pumped, then I always buy it as generally they are very pleasant and refreshing.

However Inbev and their slop should not be there I do agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here