Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone get any new music for Christmas?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I know I'm becoming rarer than Rudolph poo these days, but I still prefer my music from a solid format, such as a CD to play in the car or on the retro player in the kitchen before uploading to iPod or Cocktail.

As a result, people can still give me music for Christmas in a handy gift wrapped format. This year was no exception with outstanding results. If only I could also work out how to upload to NSC.

But do try these pop pickers if you are in any way discerning. These were my gifts:

Mr Misunderstood by Eric Church

Cass County by Don Henley

I would love to hear opinions of others on these because I think they are both 5* outstanding. Love to hear if anyone else had the gift of wonderful new music to enjoy - whatever the format.

Was put onto that Erich Church album by someone on the new album thread. Great album throughly enjoyed every track.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No music, but money to buy it. And my daughter did get me a splendid album cover frame, which I've got the wall over my turntable. First up in The Vinyl Frame, as it has become known, is Octopus by Gentle Giant. I expect a varied mix of prog, folk, new wave, pop, post-punk and more to get a showing. If I get organised I might even blog some of the lesser known albums once a week :rock:

It's one of my favourite rock and pop trivia facts that Gentle Giant were essentially Simon Dupree and the Big Sound who had a big hit in the 60's with Kites.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's one of my favourite rock and pop trivia facts that Gentle Giant were essentially Simon Dupree and the Big Sound who had a big hit in the 60's with Kites.

'Kites' covered wonderfully by the Associates

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My son, who has finally decided to talk to me again, gave me the new Killing Joke, and an old Interpol CD. The new KJ is STUNNING. Haven't played the Interpol yet. :cheers:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I got "One Dress" and "I Crossed The Line" by Brooke Sharkey, who I saw a few weeks ago busking at Colombia Road flower market. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, but expecting good things.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Duran Duran. Paper Gods

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bah! Humbug. There is good and bad across the years. Miserable old git :wink::lolol:

Yeah, don't understand this "modern music is crap" idea, I'm 60 next birthday and nearly all the music I've bought this year has been by people who weren't recording 15 years ago: most of them weren't recording five years ago. I still buy the odd old band too - it's the mix that makes life interesting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here