Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone from the mid 70,s early 80,s that can help ?

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
Hi there use to be a really good number trick that amazed people and worked every time ? but i have forgotten how it goes or works ? it started with " think of a number " , " double it " or " treble it " i cant remember but you new the number they would finish up with ? if anyone can help here that would be great cheers guys

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Hi there use to be a really good number trick that amazed people and worked every time ? but i have forgotten how it goes or works ? it started with " think of a number " , " double it " or " treble it " i cant remember but you new the number they would finish up with ? if anyone can help here that would be great cheers guys

Get the other person to think of a number, so long as you then add a number, you can do whatever inbetween (ie.. mutiply, minus, add), at the end just get them to takeaway the first number they thought of.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

No, 3

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
17 ish

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Think of a number, then double it , add 10, half it, take away the number you first thought of.

= 5

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Think of a number between 2 and 9. Multiply it by 9. You now have a two digit number, so add those 2 digits together. Subtract 5. You now have a single digit number. Think of a country which begins with the corresponding letter of the alphabet, so if your number is 1 think of a country beginning with A, if your number is 2 a country beginning with B, 3 is C, 4 is D etc. OK, you have your country, now think of an animal which begins with the second letter of your country, and finally think of the colour of your animal.

You would be amazed that (provided you get your sums right) about 80% of people end up with................

A Grey Elephant from Denmark.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Number 4 Trick

The same basic trick also works with 4.
Take a number.
Double it.
Add 12.
Subtract the remarkable 4.
Divide by 2.
Subtract your original number.
Your answer should be 4.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Number 3 Trick

Take a number.
Double it.
Add 9.
Subtract 3.
Divide by 2.
Subtract your original number.
Your answer should be 3.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One from years ago I used to "amaze" people with a deck of cards.

Turn the first card of the deck over, note the number, and continue to deal cards from that number up to 13. Eg, if you turn up an 8, add another 5 cards to the pile

Do this another 4 times, so you have 5 small piles of cards, then turn each pile over so the original card is now face down on the top.

Ask someone to randomly choose 2 of the piles, take them away and add them to the cards you have left from the original deck, then choose another 2 piles and turn over the top card of each. Add the value of those 2 cards together, add 10, then count out that number of cards from the cards you have in your hand and discard them.

Now the spooky bit. The remaining number of cards in your hand will be the number of the top card in the one small pile left untouched!

I have no idea how or why this works, but it just does, every time :shrug:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
You're flying a plane from London to Belfast where you pick up 10 people. You then fly down to Glasgow and drop off 6 passengers. Then, on to Southampton where you pick up 2 people . . .

. . . what's the name of the Pilot?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
You're flying a plane from London to Belfast where you pick up 10 people. You then fly down to Glasgow and drop off 6 passengers. Then, on to Southampton where you pick up 2 people . . .

. . . what's the name of the Pilot?

This one is hugely controversial as there are so many different yet correct answers .....

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Think of a number between 2 and 9. Multiply it by 9. You now have a two digit number, so add those 2 digits together. Subtract 5. You now have a single digit number. Think of a country which begins with the corresponding letter of the alphabet, so if your number is 1 think of a country beginning with A, if your number is 2 a country beginning with B, 3 is C, 4 is D etc. OK, you have your country, now think of an animal which begins with the second letter of your country, and finally think of the colour of your animal.

You would be amazed that (provided you get your sums right) about 80% of people end up with................

A Grey Elephant from Denmark.

Love it, just tried this on some guys at work, worked on nearly everyone except the muppet, who after a good minute of trying to think of a country, when I asked him what letter he'd ended up with replied "O" wtf :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here