Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone for a bargain?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think there is something in the Terms and Conditions when you buy something about them being able to change the price, i would laugh if they now charged all of you £500 for each one bought :lol:

Website now back up - without an iPad 4G

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They advertised a price, you accepted their terms. Surely that is some form of contract? Especially if you had paid up before they took it all down. I doubt it will be honoured, but you've not lost anything for trying!

I tapped to talk.

No. As Bozza has said, it is an invitation to treat. I.e. They are inviting an offer. They don't have to accept an offer for the correct price or prices higher, but obviously they would do that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
iPad for £49.99 - all over Twitter at the moment. Also on Twitter, an important part of the T+Cs was posted which say they can withold the sale of something if an incorrect price is put up, seems they covered themselves then.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
New Ipad for £50. About £35 more than the manufacture cost.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BBC News - advertised by Tesco will not be honoured

Already a news story about it, confirming that you arent getting a cheap iPad.

Even the BBC have got the price wrong - £559 would be cheap for that model too...

Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 18.10.52.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 19.01.19.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 19.01.09.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just wait until the Daily Mail gets wind of this. They'll have a field day.

Why? These online misprices have happened a zillion times now. I'd have thought that, at best, it will be a small column filler on page 37 or something.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Why? These online misprices have happened a zillion times now. I'd have thought that, at best, it will be a small column filler on page 37 or something.

No, no, not if their website has anything to say about it. They will pore over this, just as have done in similar cases before.

Not that I read the Mail of course, just stumbling on its homepage once in a blue moon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bargain? Today in a BP petrol station, I picked up a big bag of Marks & Spencer sherbet lemons, which had a best before date of today, for TEN PENCE.

It's not like they were going to go off imminently or anything. I'll never know either way, as I scoffed the lot. That's the bargain of the CENTURY.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anddddddddddddddddddddddd order cancelled ! Boo

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Dear Mr Skipper 734,
Thank you for your recent Tesco Direct order for an IPAD WI-FI 4G 64GB.

Unfortunately, there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we have had to cancel your order. Please note any other additional items in your order will also have been cancelled.

No payment has been taken for this order.

Please refer to our Tesco Direct Terms and Conditions for further details of our order acceptance policy. If you would like to re-order the IPAD, on the official launch date on Friday 16th March it will be available on our website at the correct price £659.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,

Tesco Customer Service

Bastards............:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here