Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy working the Ryder Cup?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Anyone fancy paid work at The Ryder Cup, predominantly as safety stewards?

Go online at G4S Careers

The 2010 Ryder Cup

The Celtic Manor Resort, City of Newport Wales

1st – 3rd October 2010

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surprised that you dont have to be bi-lingual for these positions.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As long as I don't have to stop the Welsh from giving Tiger stick about his love-life. Golfers don't know they're born. Imagine the songs if it was a footballer...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tiger might not be there. He might be needing Pavin to give him a wild card.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No one in South Wales speaks Welsh anyway!

That's not true. It's widely spoken around Swansea and to the west and it was the first language of a friend of mine from Carmarthen. I've heard Welsh spoken in Cardiff and Merthyr too.

Admittedly there's not much Welsh around Newport but the children of a friend of mine from there went to a Welsh-speaking school - although he (the father) doesn't speak a word of it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What about HB&B ? They could use his mouth as a hazard.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's not true. It's widely spoken around Swansea and to the west and it was the first language of a friend of mine from Carmarthen. I've heard Welsh spoken in Cardiff and Merthyr too.

Admittedly there's not much Welsh around Newport but the children of a friend of mine from there went to a Welsh-speaking school - although he (the father) doesn't speak a word of it.

Well we have very different friends, because everyone I know from Cardiff, Newport etc speak about as much Welsh as me! Most of them learnt Welsh to some extent in School, but only something silly like 5-10% of people in the extreme South East of the country speak it. Certainly not enough people to warrant having bilingual stewards at the Ryder Cup!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well we have very different friends, because everyone I know from Cardiff, Newport etc speak about as much Welsh as me! Most of them learnt Welsh to some extent in School, but only something silly like 5-10% of people in the extreme South East of the country speak it. Certainly not enough people to warrant having bilingual stewards at the Ryder Cup!

This is the third time today I've copied an extract from a reply "Admittedly there's not much Welsh around Newport but the children of a friend of mine from there went to a Welsh-speaking school - although he (the father) doesn't speak a word of it."

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
This is the third time today I've copied an extract from a reply "Admittedly there's not much Welsh around Newport but the children of a friend of mine from there went to a Welsh-speaking school - although he (the father) doesn't speak a word of it."

Hey I've been up since 5am, forgive me for not reading your post thoroughly!:jester:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Did steward work at the Irish Open when I was in school one year, tortuously boring, did absolutely NOTHING all day (actually nothing, not even a figure of speech), and got paid quite well for it. I stood near the 12th all day, nothing more.

Somehow can't see it being that cushy at the Ryder Cup but it can't be far off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here