Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever been burgled/mugged/conned?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I've just got back from Rome and a taxi driver conned me and my girlfriend out of 60 Euros. It's not too much, but it was bloody annoying. Anyone got any related horror stories?

poke

Oct 19, 2003
filthy got mugged in amsterdam

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
I've just got back from Rome and a taxi driver conned me and my girlfriend out of 60 Euros. It's not too much, but it was bloody annoying. Anyone got any related horror stories?

he did he "con" you out of 60 Euros?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Girl I stayed with in Nottingham on Friday got burgled while we were out!

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Anyone ever been burgled/mugged/conned?

dwayne said:
he did he "con" you out of 60 Euros?

He charged us over the odds originally and then when my girlfiend gave him a 20 and 50 note he instantly managed to swap the 50 for a 10. He then waved the two notes at me and I foolishly thought we had under paid him. Only when we got to the hotel room did i discover that I had been well and truely fleeced. Tosser.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Got set up in Thailand, Got nicked with a girl who had yabaa on her, The corrupt police wanted 20,000 baht ( £350 )otherwise I would get at least 10 - 13 years in a Bangkok prison. What happend to me ? Well I'm here arn't I ? What happend to her ? :(

It is a long story to say in full, Scary, but that is what happens out there.

P.s Did they get that Baht ? Like heck they did
:cool:

Me and some mates got mugged in Churchill square when we were about 15. Didn't have any money, which was a bit of a bonus. The mugging oik had a knife and pointed out if we had been foreign students we would have holes in us. Nice chap.

One of my mates twatted him and we all bolted!

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Soton Seagull said:
Also got stung by a taxi driver in New York for $200 or he wouldn't let us have our luggage. We had to pay, especially when he nodded suggestively at the glove compartment and made a little gun shape with his fingers. Wanker!:censored: :angry:

I'd have called is bluff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got mugged at knifepoint when I was doing my paper round. Got burgled several times as well.

That's what happens if you live in Moulsecoomb - it's no wonder that I got out.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Got burgled on Christmas Eve when I lived in Stoke Newington and was out working a double-shift to pay for all the prezzies I'd bought and lovingly wrapped :(

Also had to pay triple rates on Christmas Day for a chippy to fit a new back door.

Oh yeah -- and the bastards even nicked the telly!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
got ripped of in sheffield in a dark car park by a blackman with a gun pointed at me. i give him 35 quid for some acid tabs b4 i could get the other 5 out of my pocket he had the gun pointed at me. i stayed calm and give him the other 5 pound. got back in car to find he had give me a strip of card board of a rizla packet, with out any lsd on it. didnt conplain though.
that was about 1992.
:nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Got mugged a few sat nights ago in Palmeira Square by 2 black guys as I was trying to find my keys.

I was totally pissed at the time after a night out in Caps and had no money or phone on me so the bastards got nothing and thankfully plod was driving by so they legged it.

Western Road is a f***ing nightmare at the weekend, still plod has to fill the speed cameras with film sometime during the week !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I got ripped off by a training company in Brighton however, having investigated them I discovered that they were trading under false pretences and now they no longer exist.

Bit of closeure there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Our garage has been done twice here. Once they ripped the roof panels off.
It was a real hassle to deal with because the whole roof had to be changed and the old panels contained white asbestos.

The previous house I lived in, 7 miles from here was burgled 3 times in all. Twice was within 3 weeks. Despite having window logs and a deadbolt for the back door, it was opened with a crowbar and completely ruined the door and door frame.

I can't wait to leave West Yorkshire. :eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. A few months ago I came out of the house in the morning to see one of the 'up and over' garage doors open at an angle of about 35 degrees with the baby's pram protruding into the driveway. I considered for a while whether I had left it there the previous evening and decided I hadn't. I went in to the garage to find the large wardrobe we have in there had the doors wide open and was completely empty. Previously it was full with probably thousands of pounds worth of batteries, razors, razor blades, electric razors and electric toothbrushes - a lot of small but quite valuable items. Fortunately, nothing we had paid for - all related to my wife's job. Another fortunate thing is that the pub pool table in there is on 'free play' and the club (ie £250 jackpot) fruit machine in there, I'd emptied out about a week before - otherwise they could have literally helped themselves to about £300 in cash.

When I came back out of the garage I noticed my car was further down the drive than I'd have left it. I never locked the car, nor the garage doors. I can only assume that they tried to open the garage door, but the car was in the way so they opened it, released the handbrake and rolled it back down the drive. Needless to say, I lock both now!

2. Nice sunny day - out of work early and to the gym for a swim and a steam room session. Return to my locker and find some kind soul has emptied it of almost everything - my clothes (incl. my boxer shorts!), my wallet, my mobile, Oakleys (first fatehrs day pressie) and my keys. They then used my keys to take my car from the car park. In the car was my laptop which had all digital photos of my daughter stored on it. To make it worse I was due to pick up my daughter from creche and found myself with no car seat for her, no car, no keys to my house and no bloody clothes. And my wife was in London and not returning that night. Marvellous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here