Anyone else think next season coul dbe one big disapointment?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off anyone else think if we don't make any BIG signings and we struggle that there will be a hell of a lot of disapointed season ticket holders next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is why TB will make it work.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I hope so and can't wait or next season - just feel we may not live up to the hype. As we all know Albion fans can be very fickle.

It's a big gap to bridge and build and maintain the support to achieve it - I look at the 48k crowd for Huddersfield against Peterborough for their biggest game of the saeson to see how far you have to go to be able to really rub shoulders with the premier leagues big boys or even some of the top clubs in the Championship we are still relative small fry compared to many also look at what happened to us agaisnt a Stoke side whow eren't really trying in the FA Cup.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off anyone else think if we don't make any BIG signings and we struggle that there will be a hell of a lot of disapointed season ticket holders next season?

f***ing hell! Who pissed on your chips?

It simply is not going to happen.

Murray going is nothing to worry about. We have already replaced him with better (particularly for Gus' style of play).

Bennett going would be a shame, but I think they agreement was probably made with him in January. I have every faith in Gus to replace him with better. For me, Liam Bridcutt was by far a better player for us after the upset of January - and he has a nice new Contract in place.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
f***ing hell! Who pissed on your chips?

It simply is not going to happen.

Murray going is nothing to worry about. We have already replaced him with better (particularly for Gus' style of play).

Bennett going would be a shame, but I think they agreement was probably made with him in January. I have every faith in Gus to replace him with better. For me, Liam Bridcutt was by far a better player for us after the upset of January - and he has a nice new Contract in place.

While I share your optimism, I don't agree that Hoskins is better than Murray. We'll miss Glenn, no doubt, he made such a difference to this team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't think it'll be a disappointment at all. Be fascinating to see how Barnes progresses and links with the new signings. Still got hopes of KLL and/or George Boyd joining, but even if they don't we've at last got the level playing field we've been gagging for all these years. It'll be BRILLIANT!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
While I share your optimism, I don't agree that Hoskins is better than Murray. We'll miss Glenn, no doubt, he made such a difference to this team.

I totally disagree. He was a major loss when he was out at the end of the season. But, and this is the thing, Gus had not been able to get the type of striker he actually wanted (quick and lethal) to be our main striker. If Murray had stayed, he would have been a bench warmer at best.

For me, Hoskins' record last season, including a brace against us, given the poor team at Rovers, is far far superior to that of Murray's in a Championship winning team. He is too slow, and wastes (mainly by not getting a shot away because he gets closed down too quickly) too many chances.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
FFS, why the hurry for success? I'd be perfectly happy with several mid table finishes! And then a push for playoffs after establishing the club in the Champ

Because we have wasted the last twenty years and none of us are getting any younger. It is a bit like all the people who have passed away since the Goldstone and will never get to see The Amex. Life is too short for more mediocrity over the next few years. We have the chance to push on, and we should take it - NOW!

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Love these threads. Not even drawn against Burgess Hill or Worthing in preseason yet!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Love these threads. Not even drawn against Burgess Hill or Worthing in preseason yet!

This is something that will make my blood boil if we have friendlies against all thes eother rubbish sussex sides hardly preparation we needto be getting ready to take on teams in the championship.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
It's only going to be a disappointment if you go into it with totally unrealistic expectations.

We're newly promoted and are probably losing our 2 best player. A mid table finish would be FANTASTIC.

Hell, I'd be content with being 'safe' before the last game of the season.

Just because Norwich have gone straight up again, doesn't mean every other club who gets promoted will!

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
This is something that will make my blood boil if we have friendlies against all thes eother rubbish sussex sides hardly preparation we needto be getting ready to take on teams in the championship.

They always do it. These games allow these local non-league clubs to get their biggest attendances and certainly help the financially as a result. Besides, the first team regulars only ever get a half and it allows the younger players a go in the first team albeit with the fringe players.

I think you'll find there will be plenty of more competitive opposition in other friendlies. I don't for one second believe that Gus' Tanno and Mr Bloom will start the season unprepared...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports