Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else thing garry Neville is a really good co-commentator expert type person

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He was brilliant last night, knowledgeable but in a kinda fans perspective.

'Get it to out to the right, its Bingo time, down the left its Bingo time'

then in his deadpan northern slur,

'the ref really doesn't know what he is doing'

'think the ref has changed the rules halfway through'

He is very good, way better than I thought he would be.

Always looks like he's trying to suppress a smile when mentioning Liverpool's latest failure.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I saw Phil Neville a few weeks back on MOTD2 with Lee Dixon, and their intelligent, insightful thoughts about the game, made me realise how complete rubbish Shearer is at being a pundit.

They need to move Dixon to MOTD proper, Lawrenson and Shearer are awful, he's the best they have at the mo

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lee Dixon is a useless twat who shouldn't be on TV, let alone moving him to the main MOTD.

Listening to Keys and Gray on TalkSport right now, and naturally they are talking about Arsenal last night and Keys straight away referred to "some people thought Arsenal should stay patient and stay in the game" and asked Gray if he agreed. Considering what Neville was saying last night, I think that's a fairly blatant reference to Sky's coverage. Gray completely disagreed, and said they should go for it from the start. Which they did, but that part did sound a bit bitter against Sky and Neville.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lee Dixon is a useless twat who shouldn't be on TV, let alone moving him to the main MOTD.

Listening to Keys and Gray on TalkSport right now, and naturally they are talking about Arsenal last night and Keys straight away referred to "some people thought Arsenal should stay patient and stay in the game" and asked Gray if he agreed. Considering what Neville was saying last night, I think that's a fairly blatant reference to Sky's coverage. Gray completely disagreed, and said they should go for it from the start. Which they did, but that part did sound a bit bitter against Sky and Neville.

Dixon's shit but you're listening to Talksport?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dixon's shit but you're listening to Talksport?

I agree, it's a bit of a contradiction. But I had a strange urge to put on Keys and Gray, not sure why. Just felt inspired. There's not much talking going on though, a lot of adverts and promotions. I miss Keys and Gray, but I don't like listening to the radio.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Everyone just hated on GNev because he played, and loved playing for, Alex Ferguson and Manchester United. One of the most loyal and skilled players in the Premiership and he was ALWAYS up for it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought he was excellent last night. Proper co-commentator, not just a side kick, who reads the game well.

Have a feeling that he could be a successful manager if he wanted to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here