Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else stuck abroad?

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
My sister and her husband have been in Goa since early January, They've been ousted from their hotel, are running out of rupees and have been taken in temporarily by a local family. International flights have stopped and she is extremely worried.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Have they registered on www.gov.uk?

We received a reply this morning:
> Subject: COVID-19 UKinNZ: Message to British nationals

>
> We have received confirmation that Singapore Airlines will operate a one-off flight on their Auckland – Singapore – London route, most likely later this week. They will open this up to existing Singapore Airlines ticket holders first, so will no doubt be in touch with some of you overnight or tomorrow. If there is a possibility to open the flight to new passengers, we will be in touch with you again.
>
>
>
> Please note, travellers will need to remain on the aeroplane in Singapore – there is no option to disembark in Singapore. This includes no medical evacuation. Please give this careful consideration before deciding whether to travel.
>
>
>
> We have also confirmed with the New Zealand government that, even under Level 4 restrictions, travellers who hold tickets for onward international travel will be able to take domestic flights in order to connect to international departures.
>
>
>
> We are still working hard to open up other flight routes from both Auckland and Christchurch. Nothing is confirmed as yet, but we will let you know as soon as we have information to share.
>
>
>
> UKinNZ team

Thank you very much. I have passed the information on to her. Please keep us in the loop on your progress.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Stuck in Margaret River, WA, staying with my ex-wife for another few months until this all clears up and flights resume.

What could go wrong!!??

HG, we were in Margs between 2nd and 20th March, but baled put just in time. Had a great night at Settlers Tavern for Paddy’s Night, but gradually it became a ghost town. Swings is closed now, and most hospo staff in town being laid off. We had a great time walking sections of the cape to cape coastal trail by day, and getting smashed at Brewhouse, Swings, Settlers or Morries by night.

I hope you manage to keep well. My son, who is a lifelong BHAFC fan and now a permanent resident in WA is living in Margs. If you think we can help in any way,,please shout. Wedgee.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Our flight home from Auckland-Singapore was cancelled today due to Singapore not allowing transit passengers. It still flew with only SIngapore residents, so was probably half empty. No warning from the airlines, even after asking us to do the online check-in on Monday.

We're currently stuck in an expensive hotel (room service only, a car park to walk in), with the short-notice lockdown starting in two hours. Oh, and the hotel has no spare rooms tomorrow, so we can't re-book.

Governments don't seem to be talking to each other about allowing transit passengers to pass through. Surely it can't be that difficulut to arrange?

Being homeless abroad ain't much fun.

Yeah I live in Australia and will be missing my daughters 3rd birthday 🙁

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thank you very much. I have passed the information on to her. Please keep us in the loop on your progress.

Good luck to her. As per post #18, we're booked on the Sunday flight, but still on edge. After Heathrow, we still need to get all the way to Truro, but "National" Express don't now cross the Tamar - only to Plymouth. So, probably a train or taxi, but we can cope with that if we get to Heathrow.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, this is getting mental. New NZ restrictions on transport have just been announced to come in at midnight, and now we don't even know if we can travel the 25 minutes from the centre of Auckland to the airport on Sunday. At this rate, the plane will be empty when it leaves. :ffsparr:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow, this is getting mental. New NZ restrictions on transport have just been announced to come in at midnight, and now we don't even know if we can travel the 25 minutes from the centre of Auckland to the airport on Sunday. At this rate, the plane will be empty when it leaves. :ffsparr:

Can't you leave for the airport now rather than risk waiting til Sunday? You might be able to find a hotel within walking distance of the terminal. Even bunking out on the terminal floor might be worth considering. Wishing you the very best of luck

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can't you leave for the airport now rather than risk waiting til Sunday? You might be able to find a hotel within walking distance of the terminal. Even bunking out on the terminal floor might be worth considering. Wishing you the very best of luck

Thanks, but we've tried that - no, there are no rooms available in walking distance (some airport hotels have actually closed down). We're working on options, and our group has two different cabs booked, but even they don't know if they can take us. The embassy say "officially" cabs are restricted, but "unofficially" they're not. I suspect the NZ government haven't considered the logistics for these flights, only for NZ residents. We may be able to find local friends-of-friends, but officially they're not supposed to drive anyone outside their own self-isolation group. Hopefully things will clarify before Sunday, but it's already Friday night here. Oh, and the rental car I booked earlier just cancelled. :-(

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Good luck to her. As per post #18, we're booked on the Sunday flight, but still on edge. After Heathrow, we still need to get all the way to Truro, but "National" Express don't now cross the Tamar - only to Plymouth. So, probably a train or taxi, but we can cope with that if we get to Heathrow.

As I understand it they managed to get on the same flight as you on Sunday. They are flying from Christchurch to Auckland today and will spend two days and nights at the airport I assume.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
As I understand it they managed to get on the same flight as you on Sunday. They are flying from Christchurch to Auckland today and will spend two days and nights at the airport I assume.

I hope they manage it. The NZ gov issued more travel restrictions yesterday (see my last post), so getting to Auckland airport may be difficult / impossible. Please keep me posted. I hope I see them!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I hope they manage it. The NZ gov issued more travel restrictions yesterday (see my last post), so getting to Auckland airport may be difficult / impossible. Please keep me posted. I hope I see them!

Good luck for today:thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good luck for today:thumbsup:

Thanks, just waiting for our (government licensed) cab to the airport. 7 hours until we take off...

Edit: wearing my lucky black Albion top :amex:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks, just waiting for our (government licensed) cab to the airport. 7 hours until we take off...

Edit: wearing my lucky black Albion top :amex:

Might be worth stocking up with pasta and bog roll if it's available out there.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Might be worth stocking up with pasta and bog roll if it's available out there.

Ha, we had to buy a big pack of rolls for the motorhome (that part of the holiday seems a distant memory now), and have packed all the remaining ones.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was just reading about this 55 yo with autoimmune disease stuck in Goa. She was due to fly home today and is worried as medicine running out. Now if she went for a 2 week holiday IMO she is just plain stupid to have gone in the first place. If I'm wrong then fair enough but any sensible person could see what was going to happen two weeks ago, why risk going away especially if you are at risk.

She whining that uk has not arranged any rescue flights.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We're on board, just waiting to take off for 27 hours in our seats.

What could possibly go wrong now?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
We're on board, just waiting to take off for 27 hours in our seats.

What could possibly go wrong now?

I expect to hear a rousing rendition of ‘we’re on our way’ when you fly across Australia :clap2::clap::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here