Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else really starting to dislike dickinson

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This is a joke right? Because for just a second I thought I was reading a thread from a so-called fan slagging off one of our players for no good reason. If we had Messi and Henry up front there would still be moaners. We get moaners when he doesn't score, now we get moaners when he scores and wins a penalty. Obviously he's not the finished article, but he's had a pretty decent start to the season and ran his socks off yesterday.

Would you like it more if he waved at you?

Spot on

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah, I f***ing hate him too, even if he is the best player on the pitch by a mile.

You twat.

You know, as a different user I used to post a tonne of posts, now unless someone really riles me I cant be bothered.

Having a go at Dickinson, who is one of the gems of a so far poor as f*** season, is just dumb as f***.

Get a life.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Why we knocking the the top goal scorer and one of only 2 with anything tangible to their name in a team rooted at the bottom of the league? Playing up front often as a lone striker is never gonna be easy in any failing team. Owen's goal was quality yesterday yet he did next to nothing for Newcastle. Point made???

Feb 2, 2009
Brighton
FFS this thread is a complete joke. He gives 100%, He's scored 2 in 4 and he is by far our best player from the opening 4 games. Give him a chance!!

Last edited:

I don't dislike him, just think he's over-rated. How can NO ONE else notice that his touch was REALLY poor yesterday? He got tonnes of service but each time it would just bounce off him and off to a Stockport defender.

Genuinely, can you guys admit that he has a very poor first touch? Also, a 6ft6 striker who cannot head or control the ball from high, and spent the first half apologising for attempting aimless random flicks on?

Maybe you need to watch the game without the blinkers on. He played well yesterday. To say that his first touch bounced off him each time is utter bollocks. He's not great in the air, but he worked his nuts off bringing others into it. One of the few high points from yesterday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why we knocking the the top goal scorer and one of only 2 with anything tangible to their name in a team rooted at the bottom of the league?

This is NSC. It's the law!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh yeah, after his two thunderbolts & winning us numerous free kicks and a penalty I'm really taking a disliking to him...:nono:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Elphick and Kuipers immune from criticism!They like a few others are probably overated and this is almost definately there level(div 2) on a good day!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It does seem he doesnt have the "fox in the box" instinct like Murray or Forster, a couple of times against Stockport and Brentford he should have been in the 18 yard box not outside it.

But dislike? Nope no way.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Best striker since Zamora, great touch, good workrate wins nearly everything in the air, just needs someone beside him - anyone who thinks he's less than top quality, wait and see if we still have him at the end of the season, if he keeps up the workrate/quality a lot of clubs will be looking, championship quality striker!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe you need to watch the game without the blinkers on. He played well yesterday. To say that his first touch bounced off him each time is utter bollocks. He's not great in the air, but he worked his nuts off bringing others into it. One of the few high points from yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I think he will get goals, and I would pick him.

I just think he's being a bit overrated at the moment because we have been so poor in other areas. He lost the ball about 70% of the time it was sent to him. He tried about 4-5 flicks on to Forster that didn't work. He also did some quite ridiculous dives.

Just getting some balance, is all. A good player overall, and seems very grateful to the fans which is always appreciated.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I think he will get goals, and I would pick him.

I just think he's being a bit overrated at the moment because we have been so poor in other areas. He lost the ball about 70% of the time it was sent to him. He tried about 4-5 flicks on to Forster that didn't work. He also did some quite ridiculous dives.

Just getting some balance, is all. A good player overall, and seems very grateful to the fans which is always appreciated.

Aren't you one of the Murray brigade? :yawn:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Best striker since Zamora, great touch, good workrate wins nearly everything in the air, just needs someone beside him - anyone who thinks he's less than top quality, wait and see if we still have him at the end of the season, if he keeps up the workrate/quality a lot of clubs will be looking, championship quality striker!

Wins everything in the air? Thats my f***ing point, he doesnt f***ing jump for anything in the air

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
I like the lad, looks genuine and has loads of goals in him. Yeh he does look clumsy but for someone who is very tall and has big feet, he can keep the ball and bring others in. His contribution on Saturday? A cracking goal, the penalty AND the free kick which led to Fozzies goal..... Awful huh?
For me, on Saturday, he went wide a bit too much, baring in mind we had two orthodox wingers on the pitch. I would have liked to have seen him in the box with Fozz and the wingers in those areas. Having said that he won the pen coming in from wide.
When we get going this guy is going to be a LEDGE, mark my words. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here