Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else quite happy if we stay in the championship for a few seasons?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It's a great competitive division, loads of decent towns cities, pubs to visit. A good few biggish teams to play and also the chance of a win in most games. I would love us to get to the Premier league but can we have a few more years at this level first and enjoy the ride, as i for one once the novelty has worn of dont much fancy a stuffing week in week out and paying £45 - £50 a match for the privilege.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rather like the Championship - good post and I agree with that.

Enjoying the journey I am, give us another season in the league before promotion. Get to visit some nice places and we also get to feel how lucky we are by having the Amex by visiting places like Selhurst and Hillsborough.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I like the league but with the squad we have we need to be targeting the Prem in the next 1/2 seasons to make the club more financially sustainable.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
We need to go up this season if we really want to keep bridge, bridcutt and Buckley. They will not want to be in the championship for another year. I do think we will fall short again though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Depends on performances. Bolton, Cardiff, Arsenal, Barnsley type performances and I don't care what division we're in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wonder what the OT thought last August?

The beginning of the resigning to Championship mental process.

Interesting to see if TB is just as patient, after now having to sink in multi £m's on the playing side (as well as capital projects side).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yep, I'm OK with this level of football. This being my 50th year supporting the Albion, I'm used to divs 3 and 4 for most of my supporting life!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I actually love the championship its more competative than the Prem and to be honest £20.00 pound a game as a STH is great VFM. Got a mate who supports Southampton and he wants them to come back down to the championship not only due to the losing most weeks but the overall cost.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am happy to stay where we are for a couple more seasons. Having said that the atmosphere in town and at the ground when we played Arsenal was very different to other games we have played so far. Guessing/hoping it would be like this for all premiership games against the bigger teams. So looking forward to eventually getting there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pretty much how I feel.

I don't really get the attitude that some people on here have that you MUST be challenging for promotion every season, and even less so that some seem to think this squad, compared to others, is guarenteed a top 6 finish. It isn't.

Obviously I want us to go up, but I do worry that the premier league isn't all it's cracked up to be in terms of enjoyment for the supporter. In fact, I know this is the case because my Charlton mates soon got bored of paying too much and losing all the time in the prem.

I go to footy for my own enjoyment, and I'm enjoying watching this team play in this stadium more than at any point since I started going in '93. As long as we win more than we lose and play decent football I'm happy.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like the way everyone is using the term "a couple of seasons" :lolol:

What makes any of you think it won't be 10? or 20?

There are bigger clubs with far bigger budgets who haven't got out of this league in a couple of years.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I like the Championship BUT I have concerns over our sustainability. Not as a club but our squad and more specifically it's average age. In all honesty we need to get promotion next season otherwise or we will genuinely be faced with rebuilding a large proportion of it whilst still in the championship. This can go one of two ways if it takes a long time to gel you can get off to a bad start, and in this league that could be fatal.

This summer is key as the deadwood from the promotion squad is out of contract. We must bring in some younger players too, who can grow on the pitch. To make the play offs this year would help us financially in order to achieve that.

Jimmy Grimble

I don't mind staying in the Championship too much.

As long as we finish above Palace.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some dull teams in the premiership too. Cant say that Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland etc fill me with any enthusiasm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here