Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How on earth have you managed to get an average of 3.44 when starting with words as bad as today's?! I mean, it's obviously the right word, but thinking about tactics (and trying not to give any spoilers), it's a really bad first guess.

A better than 1 in 20 hit rate for holes in one is pretty spectacular considering the odds are about 1 in 2500 (depending on which source regarding how many words are in the Wordle database you look at).

Any chance you can let everyone know Saturday's lottery numbers? :lolol:

I’m fine with the cynicism. I play golf and I’ve never had a hole in one but I’ve hit the flagstick on a on a par 3 several times including twice in one round. Stats!
The day before I got a 6 even though I had 4 letters at line three.
I do keep a list of the answers each day and try to work out a pattern of vowel mixtures and use of repeat letters before I start. There is a pattern there which I guess is inevitable as they seem to try to make each day’s word distinctly different to the previous one. My alternative starting word today had a repeat vowel and I’d have been lucky to get out under a 5.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’m fine with the cynicism. I play golf and I’ve never had a hole in one but I’ve hit the flagstick on a on a par 3 several times including twice in one round. Stats!
The day before I got a 6 even though I had 4 letters at line three.
I do keep a list of the answers each day and try to work out a pattern of vowel mixtures and use of repeat letters before I start. There is a pattern there which I guess is inevitable as they seem to try to make each day’s word distinctly different to the previous one. My alternative starting word today had a repeat vowel and I’d have been lucky to get out under a 5.

Ah, there’s a system to work out the pattern! [taps nose] That explains it!

On a side note, golf is notorious for ‘gentlemen’ nudging balls into a better lie, ‘lost’ balls appearing when playing partners have given up the search, mis-counting shots on a hole and handicap bandits walking away with trophies after an unexpected 48 stableford points…

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If this thread goes into the Bear Pit do we all have to play Lewdle instead?

Appreciate your work BB, thank you for creating and maintaining the table. I do feel that some averages on the table seem too good to be true, but then I think I’m probably just a bitter old man who can’t believe I’m not better.

f356582001898d435e5999d486398b1a.jpg

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Average 3.71 Streak 84

Wordle 284 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mellotron said in the middle of January that it would be interesting to see a table of players averages and I took it upon myself to produce a daily league table. I have kept quiet about some of the dubious posts that have been put up, a good example is the one from Trigaaar a few days ago that suddenly appeared with an average of 3.42 that took them to the top of the table instantly, there has not been an update for five days.

I see players constantly posting 2's and 3's every day, some have even mentioned that they saw something on the internet that day and scored a 2. I believe that there are far too many people who have legitimately scored a one considering the unlikely possibility of it happening.

This post might annoy some people but I just thought it was time that I put across my feelings.

Brace yourself for this post to be broken into 4 separate quotes replies for each sentence! It will happen. :lolol:

My sister at a BBQ Sunday said she got Epoxy in 5, and I said but you’ve never heard of the word, and she said well I got it after I googled it! :ban:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
YWWWG
GGGWG
GGGWG
GGGGG

another of 'those'

wordle tallies.JPG

Congratulations to the hole in oners :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wordle 284 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Happy with a 3.

Avg - 4.94
Streak - 11

Re cheating - I think it's rather obvious I don't :p

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wordle 284 2/6*

🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Average 3.4534, Streaks 43

(forgot to post yesterdays result onto this thread but it was a 4)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wordle 284 2/6*

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Average 3.93
Streak 80

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here