Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Wordle 708 3/6
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
PL 496
CS/MS 219
AV 3.67
'23 AV 3.63

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Schoolboy error in turn 3 :facepalm:

Wordle 708 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1685264408890.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In fairness, if that's a spoiler for a Japanese noodles dish, it quite an obscure one! Certainly went over my head.
Whereas the Wagamamas reference is probably too explicit
However, I think Harry was being a bit precious by suggesting that at 10:47pm people are coming on to NSC for tips to get the answer.
I make the assumption that people only look at the thread once they have done the puzzle. Otherwise what's the point. And if you did come on and look first there's already enough information available to help from the comments and patterns of letters.
For example, I would have known to choose ramen rather than raven for my third go, just by what people write (i.e "never heard of the word" etc) and the patterns.

Tldr summary: itk amusing remarks ok, explicit references to answer no
I'm many things, rude, arrogant, and normally correct.

But I'm not precious.

Fact is, that was a spoiler. So it doesn't matter if it was 11.59 pm. Still a spoiler. I have been tempted on numerous occasions (I could barely contain myself when the answer was FLASK) but I have always resisted. Were I about to have my go after a hard day's graft down a coal mine, and found a spoiler taking me directly to what I had during my coal mining lunch break, I would be distraught. It has taken me 65 years to learn how to fake empathy, so don't f***ing call me precious.

:wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

But I'm not precious.

Fact is, that was a spoiler. So it doesn't matter if it was 11.59 pm. Still a spoiler. I have been tempted on numerous occasions (I could barely contain myself when the answer was FLASK) but I have always resisted. Were I about to have my go after a hard day's graft down a coal mine, and found a spoiler taking me directly to what I had during my coal mining lunch break, I would be distraught. It has taken me 65 years to learn how to fake empathy, so don't f***ing call me precious.

You ARE sounding quite precious in that rant :lolol:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

But I'm not precious.

What I meant was, you are precious to us all here on NSC, and we would miss you dearly if you flounced off the site just because someone posted a Wordle spoiler ;)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

But I'm not precious.

Don’t want to derail this thread and must admit I feel like an imposter as I do enjoy seeing how everyone else has done every day but don’t post my scores.

That said it was 11pm and am struggling to see how a spoiler when many, I think including you, had never heard of the word. Whereas 730 the morning before when the answer was Swine and Bakero put “ pigs ear” that spoiler was liked by you?

Anyhow, will leave you guys to continue and will watch from afar.

Peace!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t want to derail this thread and must admit I feel like an imposter as I do enjoy seeing how everyone else has done every day but don’t post my scores.

That said it was 11pm and am struggling to see how a spoiler when many, I think including you, had never heard of the word. Whereas 730 the morning before when the answer was Swine and Bakero put “ pigs ear” that spoiler was liked by you?

Peace!
Don't worry. I was only mucking about ;)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Peace!
What's the point of being a member on NSC if you can't derail a thread or two.
Please keep posting and feel free to join in the next competition, whenever that will be

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
In fairness, if that's a spoiler for a Japanese noodles dish, it quite an obscure one! Certainly went over my head.
Whereas the Wagamamas reference is probably too explicit
However, I think Harry was being a bit precious by suggesting that at 10:47pm people are coming on to NSC for tips to get the answer.
I make the assumption that people only look at the thread once they have done the puzzle. Otherwise what's the point. And if you did come on and look first there's already enough information available to help from the comments and patterns of letters.
For example, I would have known to choose ramen rather than raven for my third go, just by what people write (i.e "never heard of the word" etc) and the patterns.

Tldr summary: itk amusing remarks ok, explicit references to answer no
I agree, I never come on here until I have done my Wordle for the day. As per the previous comps rules and you are only cheating yourself etc. etc.

I did a coupe of days ago write "I made a meal of that" when the answer was BAGEL but nobody batted an eye as it was so subtle. I will stop these antics immediately :)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I agree, I never come on here until I have done my Wordle for the day. As per the previous comps rules and you are only cheating yourself etc. etc.

I did a coupe of days ago write "I made a meal of that" when the answer was BAGEL but nobody batted an eye as it was so subtle. I will stop these antics immediately :)
In fairness no-one would have read that comment and gone, "oh the answer must be 'bagel'". Indeed you could have made exactly the same comment for "ramen".
I think people need to be able to discuss their answer (luck, easy, hard, wtf, etc) and be able to make the odd wink to other players which doesn't actually spell out the answer, or else what's the point in posting.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Unusually, I posted very late the other day (I think it was SWINE day) but Bakero's pig's ear never featured in my deliberations. I may have liked it after seeing the connection. I'd never intentionally leave a spoiler.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Thank goodness that football nonsense is over for another season, and we can all now concentrate on important things like the Wordle League Tables.

Wordle League Tables Update:

Overall Table

1685303881585.png

Not much change

2023 Table
Big news @The Oldman has overtaken @Titanic at the top of the 2023 table.

However, it is worth pointing out that I am 6th in this table, and 6th is obviously the best position to be in.:albion2:

1685303998018.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here