[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Four goes today and the realisation has finally dawned (Dohhhh…….) that some letters can be/have to be used twice :facepalm:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
201 5/6 ⬛⬛��⬛⬛ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛����⬛⬛ ⬛�������� ����������

Oh FFS. I really am giving up now.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Many thanks. I’ve tried about a dozen combinations of ‘letters of the URL’ to delete, and it doesn’t matter which combination of letters I delete, it doesn’t come out right. Also, when I paste the URL link into NSC, I get the sodding green and yellow blocks twice, making it even harder to guess what I need to delete!

I’m giving up for the moment.

I get the same. Delete one set plus the letters UL and R keep (Worde 4/6) for example then arrange the squares / guesses one above the other. Then click preview post. That should then give you the same as others are posting plus myself. :lolol: a bit long winded I know. As soon as you’ve done it once it’ll be easy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I get the same. Delete one set plus the letters UL and R keep (Worde 4/6) for example then arrange the squares / guesses one above the other. Then click preview post. That should then give you the same as others are posting plus myself. :lolol: a bit long winded I know. As soon as you’ve done it once it’ll be easy.

Got it! Many thanks…

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
First go at Wordle. Made just that bit harder / impossible for not knowing that the same letter can be used twice. Surely the letter used twice should be half yellow half green, would have saved me an hour of running every combo of the remaining letters and coming up with no words at all!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
First go at Wordle. Made just that bit harder / impossible for not knowing that the same letter can be used twice. Surely the letter used twice should be half yellow half green, would have saved me an hour of running every combo of the remaining letters and coming up with no words at all!
It is the Wordle rite of passage to experience once the frustration of not realising that duplicated letters are possible...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
A lucky 5 today, double letter caused confusion, but crept over the line

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In four

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just a trial to see if I can get the coloured boxes working!

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
⬜⬜��⬜⬜
������⬜⬜
����������

Edit - hurrah
Edit edit - when I edited the post it went back to ??... I shall try again tomorrow.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
STARE is doing absolutely shit all for me as a starting word. Might change it.

Streak of 12 but all in the 4/5/6 goes range.

It’s not “shit all” is it, though? There must be thousands of five-letter words with one or more of those letters, and you knocked them all out on your first go!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s not “shit all” is it, though? There must be thousands of five-letter words with one or more of those letters, and you knocked them all out on your first go!

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'd hope for 2/3 yellow/greens at least occasionally from that word, and I'm often getting nothing or occasionally one yellow. Seeing people here getting 2/3 yellows/greens on their first try sometimes! 12 goes and I've not come close to that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
mm2.jpg

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
Wordle 201 5/6

⬜⬜⬜��⬜
⬜⬜⬜����