Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wordle 899 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1701765641919.png

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Wordle 899 5/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I don't understand the shocked emoji, as this is the classic example of getting 2 of the letters in the right place at the outset working against you, particularly when they then throw up so many potential answers as you have shown! I think virtually nobody else got any letters at outset, thereby ruled lots out in that go that you didn't, and had a much easier ride as a result.

Its very much not always the case that if you land certain letters early, a good score is a shoe in.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I don't understand the shocked emoji, as this is the classic example of getting 2 of the letters in the right place at the outset working against you, particularly when they then throw up so many potential answers as you have shown! I think virtually nobody else got any letters at outset, thereby ruled lots out in that go that you didn't, and had a much easier ride as a result.

Its very much not always the case that if you land certain letters early, a good score is a shoe in.
I think the shock is that @Titanic is usually good at this game!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Now and again I also have a go at Octordle. This exemplifies what you're saying! And I didn't even know the 'right' word was a word.

1701806873131.png

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I know what you mean but on this occasion I think the trap could've been avoided with a different strategy.

If you've got XOUXX, there are a bunch of words ending with OUGH, OUCH, OUND, OULD, OUNT. So guessing HOUND would be a safe bet. Chances are you eliminate a load of possibilities. If he'd used H in his starter, then Sound would've been a great guess, checking whether it was an XOUNT, an XOUND or maybe an XOUSE.

Of course, if OUND goes green, you'd be fecked as there are multiple possibilities but it would've worked well today :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wordle 900 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1701823031423.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It's a game of luck, if you don't make a mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here