Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else on here who just does not like Rednapp ?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
As I see it if the FA can appoint a Manager like Capello who cant speak English they might as well appoint a successor who cant read or write English. He will certainly be the thickest National manager ever appointed albeit one of the wealthiest ( but we wont go into that !! )

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And if both Rooney and Ferdinand have tweeted they think it ought to be 'Arry, that would seem a good reason not to give it to him.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

In fact, I'm always suspicious when players so enthusiastically endorse a manager - he's not meant to their friend. That was McClaren's mistake (well, one of them)

I'm still doubtful the FA will offer the job to him. The last time there was this popular demand to give the job to a particular manager, it was for Keegan. I think the FA have learned from that.

And there's all the baggage detailed above. Venables was forced out for less than this, the England team has been a media circus the last 10 years: do we want more of this?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hate the image he has of cultivating a team on a shoestring budget at West Ham, Saints, Pompey etc when in reality the players he bought in where on massive massive wages which led to problems after he left.

And he generally did wholesale changes, not minor tinkering.

Like someone else said, he takes the glory when the times are good, notso when the times are bad.

Also, he constantly spouts out why do the FA appoint foreign managers.... The England manager should be English.
Effectively, self promoting himself, as he knows he will be primarily be the only candidate in the frame due to the number of foreign managers at the top of the premier league.

Edited by hitony.

I would think that is a libelous statement.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
My issue with him is that he's an utter chancer. When things go well, he leaps in to take ALL the credit (how many times has he mentioned that Spurs were second bottom when he joined them? Like they were EVER going to go down), but when things go tits up he either runs for the hills (West Ham, Pompey, Saints, Pompey again) or he gets out the excuses and with a loud "Not me Guv!", blames it on someone else.

He never, ever, ever accepts responsibility for failure, only success (which is, what, a promotion with Bournemouth, one with Pompey the season the Football League was on its knees thanks to ITV Digital and Pompey were the only club- we thought- with money) and an FA Cup win in the season when, apart from an incredibly fortunate win at Old Trafford, they had the easiest route to the final EVER).

Look at this season: one week he's "Yeah, we can win the League, why not", then as soon as they lose a game it's "No, I never said we'd win the league, it's impossible compared to all them big rich clubs, that was the media building it up". Spurs win, it's down to his brilliant tactics (did he mention they were second bottom when he got the job?). They lose: blame individual players (Darren Bent) or the officials. He's an UTTER bullshitter.

Very much this, I ranted along the same lines on " who do you want as England manager" thread. He goes were the money is irrespective of club loyalties ( Pompey to saints back to Pompey) then left Pompey when the money dried up. And then had the gall to collect a freedom of the city under a chorus of boos back in Portsmouth. The mans ego and greed knows no bounds (allegedly)
He'll become England manager and we'll turn in the usual dross in the euros, going out and moaning he hasn't had enough time to prepare. Then afterwards we'll still turn in poop performances and within another year he'll walk out blaming the F.A or the fans, anyone but himself, while secretly wanting to go back to club management with all the monetary rewards and "extra payments" (allegedly)
Oh and he's not a loveable rogue, just a rogue (allegedly)

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

As I see it if the FA can appoint a Manager like Capello who cant speak English they might as well appoint a successor who cant read or write English. He will certainly be the thickest National manager ever appointed albeit one of the wealthiest ( but we wont go into that !! )

If he says he can't read or write or use text or internet under oath in a court of law that is good enough for me. Anyone have his autograph?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You might not like 'arry but he has proved consistently that he can put together a team that plays like a dream. He's almost certainly England's best chance of reaching a major final since 1966.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
You might not like 'arry but he has proved consistently that he can put together a team that plays like a dream. He's almost certainly England's best chance of reaching a major final since 1966.

Really, has there been a rule change by F.I.F.A that allows national coaches a big pot of cash to go out and buy other national sides best players? if not Redknapp is snookered.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
I use to think he was ok but have gone right off the idea of him being the next England manager - the media as usual have gone crazy. Sme old hyped bullsh*t.

I say give the job to Stuart Pearce - he has the experience dealing with the national team at U21s and as assistant, surely that is more important than winning one cup with Pompey?
TBH though I just don't really care that much

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
He's done what no other manager has ever managed to do, which is unite Southampton and Portsmouth fans...... against him.

I think the lovable rogue bit has well and truly worn thin - or probably worn out. You can't deny his achievements at Tottenham, but if I were a football club chairman, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole - wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him.

And if both Rooney and Ferdinand have tweeted they think it ought to be 'Arry, that would seem a good reason not to give it to him.

But Martin O'Neill on the other hand seems a thoroughly decent bloke

Good point - and no West Ham fan i've ever known has got any time for him either. Wonder how Spurs fans will feel when he walks out on them as well. But of course 'I haven't even thought about the England job, my focus is purely on Spurs' - yeah, right Harry . . .

O'Neill is so glaringly the best manager around - he has got Sunderland, with their low resources, winning almost every match - and merely in a few weeks changed them from a relegation threatened club to a possible for European cup qualification.

The fellow never says anything that could be construed as dodgy, isn't inclined to slag off refs and blame them for any loss, and presents well in front of the press.

Why the FA look abroad all the time when this guy is right here defies belief.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Harry Redknapp says he is "flattered" to be put forward for the England manager's role and admits it is the "ultimate job for an Englishman".

However, he claims it would be "very difficult" to manage England part-time while remaining Spurs boss.

He said if he was offered the job he would make the decision that put his family first.

utter slime from the muppet faced crook. Everything he says just ooozes insincerity !

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This was the man who said ( when he joined Southampton )that he didn't realise the depth of feeling between them and Pompey.
Liar or congenital idiot....I'll let you choose.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Arry can certainlly get a team playing for him, as we are hardly going to win the World Cup we might as well support a team that plays with style, as there is no other English manager in line then Rednapp for me.
I am suprised to learn that managers get a cut from transfers which could be against the best thing for the team,hope this will be changed.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
it's the usual thing happening all over again, the press start off by loving him, give a year or two and some disappointing results and they'll be trying to destroy him, plus ca change.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm glad this thread exists, so when it's bounced in a couple of years, I'll have proof I was right all along!

Redknapp will properly ruin England.
We won't qualify for the next world cup, although we'll do quite well in this coming Euro's.
Making the pain of W/C qualifying failure, worse still.

Quite why Capello choose to nail himself to JT's mast is beyond me.
But all the rats screaming for Redknapp and 'an English manager' will be made to look like the narrow minded idiots they are, when we are a laughing stock or where we should be (depending on your opinion of our national team).

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
im in the habit of calling him 'arry redkuhnapp.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wouldn't trust him with money but we haven't gone the 'old git English' manager route since Taylor so worth a spin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here