Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else now ridiculously excited about next season?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Fundamentally, you need to be an optimist to be an Albion fan, don't you? Just saying...:shrug:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nope, I still have not gotten over last season and the utterly mind blowing crap game against Reading. I do not think I have been so cross after a game, the players look liked they had only just met in the car park half an hour before kick off, and the Reading team time waisting taken to a new level, which they did not need to as they could have all sat down in the centre circle and played ring a ring of roses and we still would not have scored. The only upside was I could walk home.

Though I am pleased the club seem to be trying to do the right thing and brining in players nice an early and they all seem of a reasonable quality. It's going to take quite a lot to get me excited about next season I'm still in the meh stage.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I still can't help but get excited whenever a new face comes in. It's a familiar process: slowly recognising their traits, situations they'll thrive/screw-up in, how they appear to integrate with established squad members, what kind of personality they are etc.

On paper, Bong and Rosenior are good signings whilst Hemed's style of play, as indicated by press talk and Hughton's interviews (additionally CH's willingness to play two up front) seems to me like he'll compliment our existing players very nicely.

I'm not for one moment suggesting we're going up or even making a solid crack at the play-offs as it stands but if the signings continue in this vein I'll be far more optimistic for the coming season.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
You are a tough crowd. Ever since I was a kid I always started the season thinking we were going to win the league at the very least. Come on lighten up.

D

Deleted member 2719

Unfortunately I am uninspired because Chris Snoozuton will be waving his magical boredom upon the Squad.
On the plus side, a fit crofty and Solly can only create more competition within the camp.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Buzzing for next season but then I've been out all day on the beers, at the cricket, and just found out about the latest signing.

Feb 14, 2010
I dont know about anyone else but I've never watched any of the new players kick a ball. I hope but with little expectation being an Albion fan. The side has almost always been rubbish who dont deserve the support they get and so lets wait and see.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I always look forward to the season. Gets me out from under the other halves feet and down the AMEX for a few pints.
Football wise we look a more athletic and powerful unit with the signings than last year.
Defo still need 3/4 attacking players and a CB.
Personally 2 attacking wide men, a creative midfielder and 1 more CF are a must and a CB as well.
But it's progress. Good signings made so far and will be interesting to see the starting 11 when we play Forest

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No lets condem them now, why wait..... Come on you seem like a miserable git, let's get the placards out now.... Boo "new signing out now"

Jebus can we have some positive vibes from someone please.

Based on one realistic post im a miserable git :lol: - far from it. Just trying to give bi polar NSC its medication... I'm very positive but we must remember we've not seen that much of these new signings and we won't know what they're like until seeing them live!

Cast your mind back to end of August last yr - we had a terrific win at Leeds then did someone comfortably at home. NSC was in melt down raving about the likes of Danny Holla. There was a thread congratulating Mr Burke on his fine efforts (2 games in from completing our business). I recall posting on it (as a minority) - lets judge in a couple of months - it's too early to get carried away after 2 wins. Unfortunately I was bang on the money. Just don't want a repeat of that although the signs are more encouraging so far. I'm still not over our finish to last season which was awful. Nothing wrong with positivity and I'm usually one of the ones doing so after games...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'll start getting excited when we start signing some exciting players. Other than Lua Lua on occasions, I can't think of anyone we've got that is capable of getting fans off their seats or creating a goal out of nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here